Watch Freeks banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Long Time Member
574 Posts
imported post

great looking watch,very sweet dial.it's always great to get a grail..hope you get many years from her.

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
Doin research on them they only built 99 watches in 1997 their first year in business. In 2005 only 3000. How crazy that they actually use a lit candle to singe and seal the ends of their leather straps together and they literally hand carve and scoop their cases out of blocks of steel rather than stamp them.

The strap makers are a family whos parents are like in their 70's and still involved in making the straps from what I read. I had no idea watches were still made this way.....I guess that puts into perspective how they justify the pricing on their pieces.....INVICTA/RENATO Hand made ones must go thru the same process, no??? LOL Click the link to the article below the pic, pretty cool read

http://www.watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2003_06/WT_2003_06_114.pdf
That's a really cool read, thanks! It's nice when you can be passionate for a watch company that has some real history. That's one thing I love about collecting watches is the history behind them.

~Cheers

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info...nice article...and in a pdf file...so I saved it for future reference!!! Beautiful timepieces...and very well made for sure. You got a timepiece that can be passed down for generations!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.