Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ANONIMO WAYFARER 2- GMT, POWER RESERVE ETC (PICS BORROWED)

Movement
Automatic MICAL 2892-17 with additional module for GMT functions; base module ETA 2892A2; 21 jewels, rhodium-plated soigné finish, Anonimo engraved on rotor, adjusted 4 positions, 28.800 A/h. Power reserve 40 hours.
Functions
Hours, minutes, central seconds, 24 GMT hour hand at h. 12, power reserve counter at h. 6, date window at h. 3.
Watch Case
Sand-blasted AISI316 Plus stainless steel with Ox-Pro blackening treatment process of the case surface and passivated for antireflection and anticorrosion functions;
diameter 42.00 mm. ; maximum diameter at crown protection tool 46.30 mm. Screw locked satinated bezel and back cover. Screw locked crown at h. 3, manual helium expulsion valve at h. 8 to be used in pressurized hyperbaric chambers in overpressure conditions. Extra thick domed sapphire crystal.
Version DRASS: Ox-Pro blackening treatment process of the case surface and passivated for antireflection and anticorrosion functions; successive sandblasting finishing cycle to improve resistance to wear (Drass)
Water Resistance
50 ATM 51 ATA
Dial
Restyled oversized dial for superior readability of the day/night function and GMT 24 hours. Hour indexes treated with luminous coating for superior day/night readability; auxiliary 24 GMT hour counter at h. 12 with specific day/night scale. Baton hour and minute hands treated with luminous coating, “Obelisque” hands for secondary functions. Power reserve at h. 6, date window at h. 3.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Eric Anonimo is one of my favorite brands...That is an awesome watch...Wear it well...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

wow - very nice. Can't wait to see the pictures!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Excellent! Very nice looking piece! CONGRATS and wear it in good health!

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

Congrats Eric. That is a heckuva Grail. You must be thrilled to be getting it. Excellent choice!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Always wanted a Panerai til I first saw Anonimo......Same factory, most of the same workers....Better designs IMO...Thx guys!! Should be here soon!

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
Always wanted a Panerai til I first saw Anonimo......Same factory, most of the same workers....Better designs IMO...Thx guys!! Should be here soon!
There was an interesting article about them in WatchTime an issue or two ago. Very interesting how they decided to go beyond just producing cases for Panerai.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Doin research on them they only built 99 watches in 1997 their first year in business. In 2005 only 3000. How crazy that they actually use a lit candle to singe and seal the ends of their leather straps together and they literally hand carve and scoop their cases out of blocks of steel rather than stamp them.

The strap makers are a family whos parents are like in their 70's and still involved in making the straps from what I read. I had no idea watches were still made this way.....I guess that puts into perspective how they justify the pricing on their pieces.....INVICTA/RENATO Hand made ones must go thru the same process, no??? LOL Click the link to the article below the pic, pretty cool read

http://www.watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2003_06/WT_2003_06_114.pdf

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great choice, Eric! I can't wait to see your review and pics of it!

Out of curiosity . . . what "sold" you on this piece?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I had always wanted a Panerai til I saw Anonimo......I love the fact of how they are manufactured and that they have great Designs with cool movements, This is an Auto, GMT and Pwer Reserve.

I think that also alot has to do with where they come from, if you read the article above it really sells me on that its something special i bought. Also how they want the Name to not obstruct the watch, rather its YOUR watch as they say...even why the name is only on the back and the inside of the buckle, not visible to see...I just think thats cool.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That's a great article!

There couldn't be a "bad" reason for choosing this brand . . . I was just curious what aspect(s) "sold" you.

Congrats on an excellent choice! :)

ericf4 wrote:
I had always wanted a Panerai til I saw Anonimo......I love the fact of how they are manufactured and that they have great Designs with cool movements, This is an Auto, GMT and Pwer Reserve.

I think that also alot has to do with where they come from, if you read the article above it really sells me on that its something special i bought. Also how they want the Name to not obstruct the watch, rather its YOUR watch as they say...even why the name is only on the back and the inside of the buckle, not visible to see...I just think thats cool.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Oh my, See I thought we could have more than 1 grail!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts