Watch Freeks banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

I have a Garmin, have had it for a few years and very happy with it. GPS's do not replace maps, always carry one if you are going somewhere unfamiliar. As for people getting lost or stuck because of their GPS, they were too stupid and would've gotten stuck if they had used a map also. Who in their right mind takes a forest service road during a snow storm. And further more, who continues driving into it when it starts getting deep and they are without traction devices. I've heard so many stories about people turning onto RR tracks because their GPS said to turn, hello, there was probably a road just on the other side of the tracks. My GPS tells me to turn up a one way road to get to my house, problem is, the one way is down, not up. You still have to read road signs and use common sense. Sorry for my rant, but people relying solely on their GPS and then blaming it for their circumstances really irks me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.