Watch Freeks banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Duchess, I think we have a Garmin Nuvi. Usually if we are going someplace unfamiliar Theresa drives and I keep on the console or hold it and tell her when the turns are coming up,even though it does speak and alert of upcoming turns. I think it can be distracting on the dashboard. I think they now come with voice prompts with name of streets, when to turn and traffic conditions, etc.The one I have is probably the least expensive model available and it works well. Last May my nephew Mike and I used it to get to the Indiasnapolis Motor Speedway, which was probably a 180 mile drive. Make sure thet no hidden monthly fees are part of the model you purchase. I heard you can be charged for being told about traffic conditions and some includes that feature in the sale price. Also, when we purchased our Nuvi, they advised that it ca be updated every year or two to get more current maps. I hope this helps a little. ....Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.