Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well...my doctor called today...as I was wondering why it was taking so long for my results to come back...and had called them several times this week.

Well...they were trying to get an Oncologist lined up for me...as the biopsy showed a Malignant Melanoma. They want to get me right in ASAP to make sure it hasn't spread to a lymph node. I believe its a Stage IIc. Not really excited about all this...but I'll just do what has to be done.

Edited Tuesday Feb 23....

Well...went to the Skin cancer Surgery Center...and had a section of my back taken out... it was about the size of a quarter...actually between a quarter and a half dollar....and about 3mm down.The surgeon said my Dermatologist did a good job....that on first looking at it...he got it all. But they don't take chances. They took it out and sent it off to their lab..in another section of the building....and they are examining it. He said he didn't anticipate any problems since the growth seemed to stop at .8 mm into my skin. It was kinda cool listening to him talk...he really knew his stuff. They cauterized the area...and he said once the local wore off....well...he said it would hurt like heck for a while. SO I got good pain meds from him...and some antibioitcs....ones I am not allergic to hopefully!!!! I should have my results later this week. I'll post when I hear from the docs!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Larry

I will pray for you everyday for the next week.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Larry,

I'll send good thoughts and prayers your way. Keep positive.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Be as positive as you can Larry. And be strong, which we all know you are. I will be thinking about you and praying for your speedy recovery!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Don't let the doctors fart around with this. Stay on their asses. Sometimes they get sidetracked by other stuff. Don't be afraid to get pissed when it feels like they should be doing more and let them know. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. And that's exactly how you have to be.

If you don't like what one guy says get another opinion. Oncologists can be primadonnas and think they're god-like. Make them spend time to explain what's going on. Not the nurse.

That being said.

Stay positive, don't be passive and fight, fight , fight.

Good things happen every single day.

Be a good thing.

It will turn out OK.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Larry,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please be strong mentally as it makes a BIG difference. As hard as it may be, do your best to think positively. You ARE going to beat this, no doubt about it. It will take tons of courage, which we all know you have.

Also, I'm not sure if you are a religious man or not, but please do not underestimate the power of prayer. As others have suggested, put your faith in Him; He won't let you down.

Always remember that you have your "Freeks" pulling for you. We are here for you, brother. Be strong!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Thanks for the support guys..... I really appreciate it!!!!

My mom has her prayer warriors back home praying for me already, and I know when folks pray and believe it will happen...it will.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear. My wife was diagnosed over a year ago and was at stage 4 (non-hodgkins lymphoma). The doctors will not mess around, they will get things going so fast your head will spin. From diagnosis to her first treatment was less than a month and that was with additional tests and surgery for her port. We are now in her second round of chemo, getting her ready for a stem cell transplant. Hang in there, its a long hard road, but you can do it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Larry, I'm very sorry to hear about this! I wish there was something any of us could do or say to make you feel better but we all know there isn't. What I can and will do is say a prayer for you and keep saying one so you make it thru this with no problems! Hang tough and do whatever it takes my man, whatever it takes!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

Very sorry to hear the news Larry. Stay tough and fight. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Larry try to stay positive brother..You are in my thoughts and prayers...Keep your chin up and keep your mind strong...I know its easier said then done but you need to keep strong minded and you can beat this...Please keep us posted and wish you all the best.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Geez Larry, kick it's a$$ and lets get on with it! Stay positive friend and know that you have way too many things to do to have worry about this stuff. You are in my thoughts pal, positive vibes all day, every day for ya!!!:b

CJ

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.