Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have my daughter in town until tomorrow. I have other family members in town as well.

This is what we spent our day doing (I'll finish decorating upstairs AND putting the outside light on the 2nd floor, tomorrow) . . .

:c

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Very nice decorating. In my house we are not allowed to place any Christmas decorations up until after 12/4. That is my daughters birthday and she insists we keep Christmas separate. She will be 21 this year and this request goes back as far as I can remember. Birthday first, then Christmas.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

You're exactly right! She's 11, and still loves Christmas. :)

Also, my niece and nephew live but a few minutes away and this is their 2nd home.

Thanks, everyone! :)

RipitRon wrote:
I am sure the driving force is your Daughter, and it is a good time too share that with her.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

What we do for our kids? There is no end to it.....

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WOW!! CT your a better man then me. I don't do exterior Christmas lights. I tried to talk the wife out of putting up the 2 Christmas trees this year and she wouldn't have any of that. Our 1 year old has already practiced pitching our glass ornaments off of the trees. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he likes sports, but walking down the hall at 1 in the morning and finding a piece of glass in the bottom of your foot just doesn't feel good.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Can you come over and decorate my house and tree please. LOOKS AWESOME. So festive and colorful all over your house. Nice work!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Rob, I can totally relate to that! Wow . . it's been 10 years since my daughter was that age!

I still have 3-4 hours more work to do as I go very slow. My nephew will help me.

My Mom, one Sister, and Sara (my Daughter) are heading back up north tomorrow morning. My other sister and her 2 kids live a few minutes away.

It feels like Christmas in the house. :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
She's 11, and still loves Christmas. :)
I'm quite a bit older than 11 and I'm still totally diggin' Christmas...I like everything about it...The sights, the sounds, the smells, THE PRESENTS !

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Hey Rick! Beautiful "Tree" and decorations Bro! I remember the times when Linda and I would stay up and out until all hours of the night decorating. Haven't done that in awhile. Good to see Bro. Great job!!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Thanks!

I'm paying for it as well! :eek:uch:

I think the 2nd story outside lights may NOT go up today!

My family just left, and it feels somewhat empty in the house! :(

Jackprime1 wrote:
CT it came out beautiful...I also fully decorated my house last night....Today my back is paying for it...lol...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Since my children are grown and gone and there is only myself, I no longer decorate. rick your place is well done and brings back a lot of memories. Thank you for the pictures

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.