Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have had numerous luxury watches as well as the $5 watch from street vendors. All have been what I like(d) when I purchased them. My profession allows me to wear not only the Daily wear of sport/dress/casual watches but luxury watches as well.
Currently I find myself looking for Mid priced watches. The big watches 40mm case size are not really what I'm in to. I do have a few though. I bought a Skagen resently and am pleasantly pleased although it's 42mm size is not my taste.
The retro 38mm x ->10mm case watch (Silver/Stainless) is my preference. The Hamilton 60's watch is a perfect example. Saying that, I would love some input, direction to the appropriate watch(s) etc. I'm not above pre-owned if they have that "Mad Men" vibe to them.
Until we speak again, best regards! :smile-thumb2:

·
Super Moderator
15,664 Posts
Hi prochauffeur ! Welcome to Watchfreeks !!!
Really sounds like you have some neat taste in
watches there, and that you already have a nice
collection by the sound of it.

You know what might actually be great for you,
is if you try looking a vintage watches on ebay ! :)
They will have you covered with that whole style,
and size you are looking for. ..Welcome, and enjoy

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
A very warm welcome from England.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Welcome

Enjoy the forum. Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I too appreciate smaller watch cases, although 40mm is right in my wheelhouse.

Junghans' Max Bill line has some retro appeal in similarly retro case dimensions. They are on the pricey end of the spectrum for me, but I really like their designs.

Here's one model that is 38mm (40mm lug-to-lug, 10mm thick).

picture from Junghans website

Mido has their awesome throwback Commander in many sizes, including this one in 37mm:

picture from Mido website

And here's one I actually own, a Seiko 5 SNX123. It's 37mm and 11mm thick, just a great classic watch - I found mine new on Amazon for about $80 (not my pic below).

·
6,500 Posts
Hi and Welcome to this great forum!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts