Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you're hot, you're hot. Another good deal on the way. The last Glycine I bought was the Airman 42 Purist with the 24 hour dial, movement and bezel. After a few times on the wrist, I found it to be quite confusing at times. When somebody asks you for the time and it takes you more than ten seconds to respond its time to get a Glycine Double Twelve.
This watch grabbed me from the get go with it's degrading dial that starts black on the top and fades to red towards six o'clock. These dials were made to commemorate 100 years of Glycine. Hand set and hour markers are filled with super-luminova. You set your second time zone by using the locking bi-directional bezel in conjunction with the hour hand. A Glycine GL224/Sellita SW200-1 moves the hands. A domed sapphire crystal with 3 layers of A/R mans the front while an exhibition case back allows you to see the movement do it's thing. Measurements are 40mm in diameter, 12mm thick with 22mm drilled lugs holding what looks to be a very chunky piece of grey leather. Both crowns screw down providing 20atm of W/R. Actually bought this one from Ashford so I apologize for the clunky stock photos. Not to worry, I will have it on WRUW in no time. Time to relax and enjoy the holiday and wait for my watches to come in. My best to everyone. Enjoy, but be safe to all.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
😄 Oh man, you can't be stopped Forza, it's just awesome ! 😎
Any Glycine, or Double Twelve would be neat to have on the
way to you. But this special edition is exceptional, and love
that hypnotic red dial too. Holy cow, can't get much cooler to
be honest ! Happy 4th of July, and 94th to you !!! 😀

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
😄 Oh man, you can't be stopped Forza, it's just awesome ! 😎
Any Glycine, or Double Twelve would be neat to have on the
way to you. But this special edition is exceptional, and love
that hypnotic red dial too. Holy cow, can't get much cooler to
be honest ! Happy 4th of July, and 94th to you !!! 😀
As always, thank you Tom. Enjoy the weekend. Be safe.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wow! That is a beauty !!

👏

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Love the dial color!

Reactions: forzaferrari
1 - 11 of 11 Posts