·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30 Posts
imported post

Okay, I've got my new computer, so I hope to be more active now! I also wanted to thank you for all the efforts made in this training section since this is PRECISELY why I joined the forum! I need to learn about watches so that I can not only have fun, but become truly knowledgable. Thank you!

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

The most thorough source for clock and watch terms, with many drawings,I am aware of is De Carle's "Watch and Clock Encyclopedia." Currently in it's third edition it is available on Amazon. This is widely considered to be the bible of watch and clock terminology.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0719801702/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

A search for the title in Amazons books section will show up copies of multiple editions and printings with prices from quite low to outrageous. Some usedbook sellers seem to price anything in the way of collector technical books at outrageous prices even when the book is still available new for far less.

·
Registered
135 Posts
imported post

astronut wrote:
...  Some used book sellers seem to price anything in the way of collector technical books at outrageous prices even when the book is still available new for far less.
I've noticed this trend. Makes me wonder. Could they be using Amazon for nefarious purposes? Who would pay $900 and more for a paperback that's still in print? But I see it all the time. Don't know if anyone is buying, though.

Thanks for the links and ideas. Definitions are very helpful. A little knowledge goes a long way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts