Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi everyone,

I am certainly glad I found this place. It's good to know that there are others out there with my unique "problem". I've been a watch junkie since I was a kid, I asked my parents for a dive watch for my 10th birthday, and it just went from there.

I started collecting Invictas to supplement my Seikos and Breitlings. Just when I was getting somewhere with my collection, my home was burglarized and almost all of them were stolen. I recovered 2, but even one of those was badly damaged.

So, I'm slowly building my collection again, and have finally gotten my wife and kids in on the act.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is terrible, especially if some items had sentimental value as well as monetary value. Anyway, welcome to Freeks. I think you will like the vibe here. Jump right in.....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Welcome to WFs! Glad you could join us!

Sorry to hear about your theft! That must have been an awful experience!

It's good to read that your family is involved in your collecting.

ENJOY your time here!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Sasquatch wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am certainly glad I found this place. It's good to know that there are others out there with my unique "problem". I've been a watch junkie since I was a kid, I asked my parents for a dive watch for my 10th birthday, and it just went from there.

I started collecting Invictas to supplement my Seikos and Breitlings. Just when I was getting somewhere with my collection, my home was burglarized and almost all of them were stolen. I recovered 2, but even one of those was badly damaged.

So, I'm slowly building my collection again, and have finally gotten my wife and kids in on the act.
Welcome to Watch Freeks. I'm sorry to hear that your collection was stolen. I'm glad to see that you got back on the horse and started collecting again. I look forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Welcome to WF'S.. sucks getting ripped off :WW.. I've been there..hope you had some insurance to help rebuild your collection.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Very sorry to hear about the theft of your timepieces! I hope the police catch the crook/s. A big welcome to WatchFreeks! This is a great place to have a fun and learn about horology. Very happy you joined us. ....Bob

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Sasquatch wrote:
Hi everyone,

Im so sorry to hear about the B&E burglary some items can't ever be replaced if there was a story attached to them. Small in the way of comfort BUT if could have been worse - You were luck to have not been there at the time and risked personal injury.

Welcome to the Freeks family this has got to be the friendliest forum with some of the most incredible and generous enablers on the net !!!!:c:c:c

Also a big welcome to your wife and kids I'm looking forward to them getting on the keyboard from time to time. There are going to be some envious freeks since you were able to involve the whole family. A lot of us have to meet the delivery truck "down the street"

:b:b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.