Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thursday is Thanksgiving and I would just like to take a minute and recognize my friends here at WatchFreeks.

I would like to thank all the people that make this forum possible. I would like to give thanks to all those who work hard to make this such a wonderful place. Without them I would miss out on this opportunity to make friends and share our passion.

I would like to thank all my fellow WatchFreeks that read my posts and post honest comments, humourus input, general information and keep things interesting. I may not like it when you try to get me out of the NBZ and into the dog house, but your input and ability to share information, pictures and advice is greatly appriciated and I wanted to tell you so. Recently I was looking for a particular watch that was hard to find and I got tremedndous support from many of you and as a result I am awaiting delivery of a new Citizen Orca. Thank you all.

I have many things to be thankful for this year. My family is healthy and together for the holiday. My wife and I still have jobs. I have a few new watches to enjoy. And I have become part of great community of people that enjoy the same hobby as I do.

Thank you again and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. :c

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Marc,
That was a very nice heartfelt post and one that should be read and appreciated by everyone.Thanks for opening up and sharing your sentiments. I concur completely and wish you and your family the very best of holidays.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Marc - your post was so perfect that I am making this thread the official Watch Freeks Thanksgiving thread and making it a sticky.

Everyone can post their Thanksgiving wishes in this thread for the upcoming holiday!!!!

:)

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Thanks for writing what you did, Marc!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I have my Daughter, my Mom, my 2 Sisters, and my niece and nephew here until Sunday. I am grateful that they are here to share the holiday.

My health is not good, but . . . I'm still "here", so that's a major accomplishment that I'm thankful for. :)

It's been a joy to be part of this community. Thanks for the opportunity!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Wonderful post! I would like to say that I too hope all my friends here at WatchFreeks have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!

I am thankful that my wife and I have jobs as well. As some of you may know, about a month ago my company got rid of 25% of the sales force and fortunately I wasn't one of them.

Also, my family is all well and healthy and doing good in life so I'm very thankful for that!!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

BAAHH HUMBUG!!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

ok ok -really -ditto!! what he said!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Thanks Marc;
This year is a tough one for me to find blessings to be thankful for, but I am thankful I still have a roof over my Mother's and my head. I am thankful our and our cat's belly's are well fed. I am thankful I know where all of my immediate family are and their health is good. I am thankful to have this site to turn to in these hard emotional and financially stressing times in my life.
Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Beautiful Post Marc...Thank you very much for posting your feelings to us...The feeling is mutual and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving..I also wish my fellow WF's a very happy Turkey day. I am truly blessed and very thankful for having a happy and healthy family. I am thankful for having what I have in life and that is happiness...I truly love watches but I Love my family and happiness more...I also have love for all my WF's and very happy I am part of this awesome club to share our feelings, gifts and knowledge on a daily basis...Lets all keep this a wonderful place to visit and enjoy each and every day...HAPPY TURKEY DAY WF's....

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just very thankful that God has blessed me in every facet of my life. Wonderful family and friends, education, career. Truly blessed and thankful.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Incredible sentiment Marc. Thank you for being a member here and I'm looking forward to many more posts from you.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Marc, your post was the perfect way to start this thread off on this special Thanksgiving holiday.

I normally am not a "holiday or birthday" person. I just don't get that excited for the incredible commercial holidays to be honest. But the one holiday that I really like is Thanksgiving because it is FOR EVERYONE, regardless of sex, race, religion, etc. It just is a great time to be with family and/or friends and appreciate all of the positive things in our lives.

For me this year has had its share of hard moments (like everyone else), a bunch of special moments (like everyone else), and some outright strange moments (like everyone else), lol.

I am very thankful for my amazing wife, who works harder then she should and for all intensive purposes takes care of me and our family. I am especially thankful for my wild, always crazy, in continual motion 3 year old son, who makes me smile daily and is far and away my best friend in the entire world. I am also beyond words thankful for my soon to be born daughter, who is due to show up (finally) any day now. It could very well be tomorrow on Thanksgiving day. The nursery is ready, even if her parents (me!) really are not, hahaha.

I am also really thankful for my real friends (We all have "real" and "fake" friends. You know what I mean). I am normally a very cynical person who keeps things very "close to the vest" and private. But with certain people who are close to me I would do anything for them.

I am really thankful for this forum and for my love of watches. I have spent more time in the past year doing watch related things (reading, watching shows, learning, going to GGT, joining forums, buying, selling, etc etc etc) then just about anything else. I have to admit that I 100% have a "watch problem". But it is not an obsession, because I associate that with something negative. If anything it is A JOY. Even if I can not afford the Oris I want, I LOVE reading about it, hearing about others who have it, and looking at endless pictures. Even if I will never ever own the $100,000 Breitling that is my all time grail - I STILL watch the videos about it every week. Watches are my daily life therapy.

Finally - this Thanksgiving would not be complete for me without mentioning the entire community on Watch Freeks. I have made some wonderful friends and countless new relationships have been formed. I honestly believe that the current members on this site are the best core members of any watch forum on the entire net. I am a member of many of the other sites and none of them have what we have here. I am sure of it. So to all of you I give my thanks for your daily visits, participation and FRIENDSHIP (even you Ron, haha).

Happy Turkey Day everyone. Gobble gobble gobble!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am not a real happy go luck, thankful Family guy. However we do have Turkey day at out house every year, and it makes the wife happy so it all good.

Happy Bird day too you all!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Great Thread Marc!!! I am thankful for all the good things in my life, job, healthy family and friends, and a roof over my head, also thankful to have a great group of friends here at watchFreeks!!!! Happy thanksgiving to ALL!!! And to James Congrats on your soon to be new arrival...

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

What? No baby pool!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
What? No baby pool!
lol, we have our fingers crossed for Thanksgiving day since our son was born on Christmas Day 3 years ago. That would give us 1 child on Thanksgiving and 1 on Christmas, which would be very cool (both born naturally and not induced on a certain day, etc)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

I would like to "mirror" Marc's thoughts as well. An eloquant expression of his feelings and sentiments. Kudos to you Bro.

Linda & I have had to deal with some trying times this year, but we still remain thankful for what is good in our lives. The two forums that I am involved with mean alot to me as I have established many good relationships on them. So thanks one and all for such a good time

Happy Thanksgiving to All The WatchFreeks Family!!!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Marc very heart felt and every one elses input thanks to all and have a wonderful holiday

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Just remember.

There's always something to be thankful for.

Otherwise it's just not worth it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I too just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody on this forum. Over the course of a year I have made some great friends here and over at WG's. I'm glad to see that so many cool members have become family here at Watch Freeks.

I feel a connection to all of you here that isn't felt in other forums. It has been fun going broke because of all of the enabling here, but it has also been fun participating in enabling others as well.

We have a good thing going here and I'm pround to say that I'm a member of Watch Freeks. I was at Costco today picking up some last minute items for Turkey Dinner and I ran into a fellow watch fanatic at the watch counter. We got to talking about watches and we hit it off instantly. We share a very cool passion that we all can relate too. I can talk to a complete stranger about watches and we just click. I feel the same way here. Thanks for all the laughs, and sometimes the tears when I see my credit card statement LOL!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

a moment of silence to Thank BIG G for all he has blessed us with and humbly ask for peace and prosperity again in our little planet/country/society

better days ahead of us

G_d Bless!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts