Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been a FF user since it first came out. This latest version hasfinallyforced me to throw in the towel and make a switch. For some reason FF and Adobe Flash are not playing nicely. Flash is crashing on every page load. A quick search of the net proves that I am not the only one with this problem. I tried several "fixes". I finally sound a fix that works. I downloaded Chrome and imported all my bookmarks. Chrome has some forum issue that I hope will be resolved if we ever make it to new and updated forum software. But the Flash crashes were just too annoying.
Bye Bye Firefox. It was nice while it lasted.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

I dumped FF for Chrome 2yrs ago and never looked back.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Chrome will crash too with Shockwave flash and Adobe don't get along too well.It won't crash all the time but it will happen. I am still happier with Chrome than FF.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Caddymon wrote:
Chrome will crash too with Shockwave flash and Adobe don't get along too well.It won't crash all the time but it will happen. I am still happier with Chrome than FF.
So far so good...no crashes yet. I couldn't take any more with FF. And there is very little help out there for this problem.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Marc. What is forum issue with chrome?
I've been using chrome now for a few months and haven't noticed anything.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
imported post

I switched to Chrome when it was first available because IE is just crap, way too many viruses can easily get thru the IE browser no matter what virus program I used and some are made just to hi jack IE. I had all kinds of similar problems with Chrome as well, problems with viruses sneaking by the firewall, PUPs getting downloaded. Every time I tried to watch a Video using Chrome it was choppy, echoed, crashed etc. I ended up with Firefox and so far no problems. Every now and then I might get an Adobe crash I hit report and reload and it works fine. I try and keep up with the latest add ons and plug ins I update every thing as soon as a new version is available it keep my browsing smooth and with out problems. I also keep my computer updated as much as possible with a ton of RAM and store all my stuff on a 1tb hd. I only use the basic components on my PC HD. I keep any programs I don't need running shut down. I am a bug about keeping my PC clean I run several PC programs that clean and optimize it daily.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
imported post

I still use FF, I usually have at least 20 tabs open at the same time, and so far not many problems. I also use Chrome, but still prefer FF.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
I can't use the gallery when in chrome. Makes it hard to post pictures. There are several work-a-rounds but they are all slower and take more steps. If youcanuse the gallery let me know. I've heard others have the same issue.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

ZombieSuffer wrote:
Yes, the Gallery used to be an issue.
Just as a test, I'll see if I can post a pic from the Gallery using Chrome:
nope

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Tattoo Chef wrote:
I can't use the gallery when in chrome. Makes it hard to post pictures. There are several work-a-rounds but they are all slower and take more steps. If youcanuse the gallery let me know. I've heard others have the same issue.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Marc, can you see image I posted above?
That was posted using the gallery.
Yes...but it won't work for me or several others. I wonder why?

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Tattoo Chef wrote:
Marc, can you see image I posted above?
That was posted using the gallery.
Yes...but it won't work for me or several others.  I wonder why?
I don't know.
Honestly I'm a photobucket guy, just always have been.
But that was loaded up and posted thru the gallery using chrome no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts