Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I stumbled on this beast while looking at another watch tonight. What a monster. Also available on a bracelet, but I could not find a good pic.

-------------

Girard-Perregaux - One of the oldest watch companies in the world, Girard Perregaux watches date back to 1791. The quality, innovation, and style of Girard Perregaux watches, which was born centuries ago, remain as the guiding forces for the company today. With superior craftsmanship, they make the art of watchmaking seem effortless. The sublety with which the union of tradition and modernity is accomplished in a Girard Perregaux watch is a true marvel. Girard Perregaux watches meet the highest standards of quality and reliability, and for that, they have earned a trusted name and flawless reputation in the watch industry.

• Brand: Girard Perregaux
  • Model: Sea Hawk II PRO
  • Reference: 49940
  • Case Size Diameter (width) mm: 45
  • Case Size Thickness mm: 19.8
  • Case Material: Titanium
  • Bracelet/Strap Material: Black Rubber
  • Bracelet/Strap Size: Full Size
  • Clasp: Double Deployant
  • Bezel: Rotating Bezel
  • Dial: Black, Bright Luminous Hour Markers
  • Water Resistance: 3000m
  • Movement: Automatic
  • Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Power Reserve
  • Condition: Pre-Owned
  • Box: Yes
  • Papers: Yes
Images from http://www.ninetreasures.com/index....d=6143&zenid=00f8c450c4acead17692a0d683495a8a

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
That would be sweet on a SS bracelet.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Nice watch! I like it much better on the braelet.

Don't you just love this description . . .

"Movement: Automatic"

It's like reading . . .

Manufacturer: Ford
Model: Mustang
Engine: YES ?????

Why can't they specify what the movement caliber is????

·
Registered
45 Posts
imported post

GREAT topic for a thread James, I'm in! :c

The SHII Pro is one of my all time favorites, I have owned many over the years (even three at one point, don't ask me me why). I currently have two;

the
Seahawk II Pro 49940-21-631-21A
(all titanium bracelet version)

and the
Seahawk II Pro 49941-21-631-HDBA
(calfskin strap version with polished lugs and intermittent polished markers on its bezel)

For many the Seahawk II Pro is the Holy Grail of dive watches, there's the rich heritage that Girard-Perregaux has and its in-house movement coupled with the fact that when it comes down to it this is still an ultimate dive watch; 45mm Grade 5 titanium case, 2 lateral HEVs, huge domed sapphire crystal with double sided AR coating , power reserve indicator, 3000m depth rating and lume that will burn your retinas out!

Here are a few pics of mine . . .

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

TLex wrote:
For many the Seahawk II Pro is the Holy Grail of dive watches,
i know i will regret asking this, but what does this "holy grail of dive watches" run?

and since i know in advance that i wont be able to ever afford it, does anyone know of a reasonably priced homage or similar watch? i lust the look of this watch with the metal bracelet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
imported post

liquid wrote:
TLex wrote:
For many the Seahawk II Pro is the Holy Grail of dive watches,
i know i will regret asking this, but what does this "holy grail of dive watches" run?

and since i know in advance that i wont be able to ever afford it, does anyone know of a reasonably priced homage or similar watch? i lust the look of this watch with the metal bracelet.
This one should hit the spot, although just a concept at the moment, it will be German made will be far more affordable, due for release 1st quarter 2010. For more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.