• 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Are you giving watches for the holidays to family, friends or co-workers? If so how many?

I am giving one to my daughter and 5 to co-workers this year. Many of these were purchased at rock bottom prices at the Croton Event.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

You must be reading my mind. I was literally going to start a thread like this one tonight. Great topic.

My wife and I just counted and we have 5 (five) watches we are giving as gifts.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
You must be reading my mind. I was literally going to start a thread like this one tonight. Great topic.

My wife and I just counted and we have 5 (five) watches we are giving as gifts.
Great minds think alike.

·
Long Time Member
172 Posts
imported post

I rarely give watches as gifts to family members since I am the only one who actually likes them.

I am making an exception this year though,I go my wife aCitizen Eco Drive because I am tired taking her watches for new batteries.

Sure it's only once every couple of years - but I'm lazy!

I have ,however, gifted a watch or two to forum members over the years and may gift one again soon.

I have been on sabbatical for quite awhile from the forums and have more watches than I need.

I always found it easier to give away than to sell (in most cases)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Incablockhead wrote:
I rarely give watches as gifts to family members since I am the only one who actually likes them.

I am making an exception this year though,I go my wife aCitizen Eco Drive because I am tired taking her watches for new batteries.

Sure it's only once every couple of years - but I'm lazy!

I have ,however, gifted a watch or two to forum members over the years and may gift one again soon.

I have been on sabbatical for quite awhile from the forums and have more watches than I need.

I always found it easier to give away than to sell (in most cases)

I think I'm going to like you. :% Welcome to your new home. :c

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I just gifted one today, at the price I sold it for. I knocked off a huge amount of money for a brand new Invicta (never worn or unwrapped)to a co-worker. I knocked off about $50 of what I payed as a gift for his Christmas present. He wanted this watch for a long time, but knew that if he ordered it and had it shipped to his home he would get in trouble with the Mrs. I purchased it as a surprise and he wanted to pay for some of the amount. So it all worked out. I will probably gift a couple more to family members on Christmas. This is a good way to cut back my Invicta collection and also give out some pretty reliable watches. I've only worn my Invictas a couple of times so they are all 98%+.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Unless I know for certain of one someone wants I typically do not gift watches. It is really hard to guess what someone will like. I typically do not care for watches as gifts becasue I rarely like them. All my friends and family know I am into watches but do not buy them for me (kinda like clothes or anything else subjective).

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I give watches as gifts every year. The trick for me is to remember "who's in the rotation", this year. I don't always give them at Christmas, but whenever the occasion warrants.

I pick a few people (family/friends) every year and get them a nice, new watch. The cycle continues so that people will get a new watch, at least every 3 years.

This year my daughter ended up with 2 Swiss Made watches (Croton and Invicta) for Christmas. My Sister got her new watch back on her Birthday in October, and both of my nephew's YMCA soccer coaches (and personal friends) got their Invicta (OGII and 43mm Pro Diver) over the summer. :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
imported post

No, I figured it'd be too predictable, plus no one else is that much into watches. The closest was giving my girlfriend the other half of my SO his & hers Delphi package, but that wasn't for Christmas. I'm hoping she got me a watch though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . No watches as gifts. I buy them for family and friends "just because" all year. I try to stay with personal gifts on the holidays.

Besides, even buying them for others is still " buying a watch" to me . . . . I get the same happy from it as buying one for myself . . . .:c

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

To be honest, I never give a watch as a Christmas present because my family and friends just wouldn't appreciate it. They just aren't into watches.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . No watches as gifts. I buy them for family and friends "just because" all year. I try to stay with personal gifts on the holidays.

Besides, even buying them for others is still " buying a watch" to me . . . . I get the same happy from it as buying one for myself . . . .:c
I'm kind'a in the same boat..

There's alot of "Just Because" gifts, that I give through out the year..

However, this year I've got a few unexpected surprises/watches for my family and friends!

So to answer your question, let's see..

Bare with me.... I'm counting....:whatever:

Ummm....... :(

I think, for Christmas I've got about 7 gifts, that will be a watch.:b

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I would give watches again this year, but my friends all got watches last year and they think one is enough and two isone too many, can you believe it?

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Not gifting much of anything this year, trying to save money to pay hospital bills when they start rolling again after the new year. Wife will be starting another round of chemo and was told by her doctor that it was time for her to quit work so we will be down to one income. i did get one gifted to me from a co-worker, I just posted it in the just arrived section.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.