Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I work in mental health and work with some incredibly sweet people. One in particular is just quite thoughtful and nice. She like watches too, but not quite like I (or we) do. She's about the fashion and getting cheap watches to match her various outfits and accessories. Not quite a WIS. Anyway, over the weekend while at a bead show (she does jewelry) she ran across what looks like a Breitling Navitimer homage.
She was so thrilled that it has a 24-hour dial on it as she knows my affinity for 24-hour watches. I don't have the hear to tell her that the movement is 12-hour, and the chrono is just for show. The sub dials are dummy, and the buttons are just for the look.

You know what though, it is one hell of a thoughtful gift! It is cool working with such nice folks. I'll still rock this sucker at least a few times to show my appreciation.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
Nice lady!

·
6,396 Posts
This gesture transforms the watch to haute horlogerie territory. This so sweet, so thoughtful. Worth more than the most coveted 'Grand Complications' from one of the big houses!

·
Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
That is so awesome FD ! :smileyface_hand_cla What a kind, and cool person there. :) This watch will definitely turn some heads at work, or when you are out, and about. The vastness of the dial, as well as the way it's set up is beautiful honestly. Have to love the blue too ! Ridiculously nice gift there sir, and also friend by the way. ..Congratulations to you, and keep on enjoying !

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You're so fortunate to work with people like that!

How thoughtful of her! That also shows what a good person/colleague you must be, as well.

Congrats, and enjoy the look on her face when she sees you wearing that watch around the office!

Life is good, and PRICELESS!!!!

·
3,979 Posts
Members:
I feel it's necessary to reveal I recieved a gifted watch (and not from a coworker)
One o the guys on another forum, and many of you lnow him and his posts, gave me
what has always been my grail. A Citizen EcoZilla.He even included a Nato strap.

I will honor his request to never reveal his identity ever. When someone gifts
you, your grail you don't blab about it. Sufficeth to say, IMO the most giving member
I've ever met.

Here in Texas everybody has digressed from quality watches to danged cell phones
and are giving real watches the "bum's rush". Sad Sad Sad

X traindriver Art

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a fantastic gift. I'd treasure that one and keep it in my office drawer and wear it when she will see it once in a while too. Cool story.
I'm rocking it today, actually! It is comfortable. The strap is alligator patterned leather and is quite comfortable. It's the little things in life that bring warmth into the heart!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Those are great looking watches. One of my pet peeves is when they put decorative sub dials on watches. Of course if given to me it would have a place in the collection because it was a gift and that someone put some thought into getting it for me. At least on this one they put the sub hands in different spots some they are all exactly the same.

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
3,979 Posts
Funk:
"Little things in life" nails it Bro.
I once bought a new Yeasu Ham Radio and gave my old HeathKit to a senior.
He couldn't believe I was giving him a radio that I assembled myself.
Tears of gratitude welled in his eyes at the gift. But not as big as the
tears in my eyes in seeing him become happy. Wort the price of any two
EcoZillas or some ole amateur radio,

X traindriver Art

1 - 20 of 24 Posts