Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question about strap sizes as they correlate to the number of choices out there:

Which strap width measurement affords the most options for switching?

I'm getting close to having enough for a new watch, and I really like the Lum-Tec V series, which has a 22 mm strap width. But I'd like to be able to change it up frequently with different straps.

I've always had the impression that the 24 mm width (especially of Panerai) offers a vast array of strap choices.

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Based on my completely unscientific research, I think it's pretty equal between 22 & 24. You do see the Paneristi one's listed a lot, but they're also much more expensive. That being said, of course any strap maker can make whatever size you need.

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Lots of people prefer 24mm for the variety of leather strap options, but 22mm in my experience has the widest variety of options from everything from bracelets, rubber, leather, and other strap types.

For a long time I avoided buying any watches that did not have 22mm lugs just because of all the 22mm straps I had collected.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I would think 22mm also.

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I think there are as many choices in 22mm as there are in 24mm and in whatever you're looking for - leather, metal, canvas, rubber. Also, it seems many manufacturers are producing case sizes of 42mm or smaller so 22mm or even 20mm is more proportionate. You won't have any trouble finding aftermarket options in 22mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts