Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I plan on listing/selling one of my watches online in the next couple weeks and I haven't sold a watch online before. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find any threads with general advice/tips. I want to make sure I follow the best protocol for selling to assure a smooth and easy sale.

PayPal seems like the best payment option so I plan on using that. What is generally the best shipping option(from the US)?

Anything tips or advice is greatly appreciated,

thanks everybody!!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
I've only ever used USPS Priority.

Take good, clear, in-focus pictures, disclose everything in regards to condition ("desk diving" marks on clasp, etc), ship only to PayPal Verified addresses, check references on the buyer are just the few I can think of at my current state

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
FYI; if you have not already, be sure to review the forums "for sale or trade rules".
Great advice. Selling rules for this site can be found here --> http://www.watchfreeks.com/30-watches-sale-owner/123-sale-trade-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

Here are my personal thoughts on listing watches for sale

1) Always use PayPal. Even with the fees there are protections built in.
2) Try to always always always ship to a Confirmed/Verified address for the buyer if possible.
3) Always safer (but not required) to sell to someone with a confirmed/verified PayPal account
4) Take great pictures when selling your watch. The more detailed pictures the better.
5) I ONLY will sell to CONUS states only. I will rarely (meaning almost never ever) ship to a buyer in a foreign country. once it leaves the USA you have almost no protection and it becomes very very very hard, to impossible, to win a case if fraud involved.
6) Do all negotiating in private messages or emails and keep records of any/all correspondance.
7) This is not required but getting a phone number and talking to buyers on the phone is many times positive also
8) DO NOT TRADE with people you do not know very well. To easy to get screwed.
9) I always use USPS priority mail with tracking and insurance AND signature required UNLESS it is a very expensive watch and then go the extra yard with Fed Ex or UPS with insurance and tracking. FYI - I have shipped 99.9% of every watch every sold with Priority Mail with no problems

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
USPS/PRIORITY/TRACKING/FULL INSURANCE/ CONUS ONLY

shipped one to OH CANADA...holes got punched in the box at the border...pooped blood...because it was a CREPAS CAYMAN...10 C note tool...happy ending.

PAYPAL

don't be greedy...you want to be a tool fool...pay that rent happily

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Be cautious with people outside the CONUS unless you do your research. Check their feedback, past sales history, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts