Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just read about this watch and it is amazing - 50mm
http://www.guyellia.com/horlogerieJumboChrono.htm
http://www.guyellia.com/EN/B_GuyEllia_JumboChrono.htm

I have no idea what these watches cost and probably do not want to know, lol

From their website - English Version

Guy Ellia – A Man of the Times
“Creation is a delicate thing. It must reflect the trends and yet remain timeless.” Guy Ellia has followed this mantra since he created his own company in 1999.
Homage to the intrinsic beauty of gemstones
Starting in Antwerp in 1973, Guy Ellia learned the importance of quality workmanship. While there, his cousin introduced him to the famous diamond cutter, Gabriel Tolkowsky, who gave him his very first diamond scale. This instrument would bring him good luck, and undoubtedly would help enhance his innate sense of balance and good taste.

Guy Ellia travelled to the four corners of the globe, from Thailand to Colombia, in search of the world’s rarest gemstones. Rubies, sapphires, and emeralds passed between his expert hands, as did the most beautiful fancy diamonds. He selected only the best quality stones that he would later use in his own creations.

One day, however, he decided to give up travelling the planet in search of exceptional stones. In 1994, on the advice of his mother and friends in the jewellery manufacturing business, he acquired the company, Etablissements Jean Guerin, and set up shop on the Rue La Fayette, in the diamond quarter.
Designing against the tide
With his background in stone cutting and the stone trade, he quickly became interested in prestige jewellery design, and so a new career was launched with his first order coming from the Place Vendôme. Confronted with the crisis in the Gulf, Guy Ellia responded with opulence and luxury. “I did not mind going against the tide. During this period, we were one of the rare jewellery houses to preserve our stock and propose exceptional pieces.”

This boldness is what led him to create his own brand in 1999. While Guy Ellia proclaims himself to be a prestige jeweller and designer, he wants, above all, to distinguish his brand from the others. “We want to adorn women. We want to dare as much as we can, playing with fashion without giving in to it. We want to be harmoniously associated with the opposite.” In his collections, he was the first to unite alternate materials with precious stones as is seen, for example, in his “Nylon” line which combines transparent cord with diamonds that seemingly float in the air like fireflies on a summer evening. The “Elysa” model allies leather with a scintillating brooch of interchangeable diamonds to give a young and timeless look.
Fascination for beautiful material and timeless elegance
A lover of all fine gemstones, Guy Ellia especially loves diamonds—so much that he was one of the first designers to entirely envelop his rings in the glittering stones. “On the inside as well as on the outside, I want to cover even the most invisible parts.” He uses the diamond as a colour palette, and enjoys playing with its most subtle tones, such as the “diamond pastel,” an ensemble of soft and warm shades that brings out the “native” side of the stone as well as its “rough” cut.

His prefers rare diamonds in colours such as jonquil or unusual shades such as orange, coffee, or green. One of his masterpieces, the “Bollywood Party” necklace, is composed of not less than 295 yellow diamonds (17 carats), 10 navette diamonds, and three exceptional pear-shaped diamonds (11.39 carats)—a veritable fireworks for the eye. The “Moorea” necklace brings 73 Tahitian, Akoya, and South Seas pearls together with white and coffee diamonds, which enhance the various subtle tones of the pearls. These prestigious pieces have not gone unnoticed by the most respected and prestigious international boutiques (see the attached list).

An introspective watchmaking
“My jewellery design offers a look at the woman. The jewel is a messenger that will transmit an act of love. A watch, on the other hand, is much more introspective and reveals the character of the woman who wears it.” Having mastered the fine art of jewellery, Guy Ellia launched into watch design in 1999. In timekeeping as in jewellery, he demands the same level of excellence. At the heart of his watches are movements by Parmigiani or Piguet. His first creation, “Square,” was designed for women. “I did not want to create a ladies’ watch that was merely a scaled down version of a man’s watch. It had to be designed specifically for a woman.” The form of the Square reflects feminine characteristics: the square dial for her precision, the Arabic numerals for her sensuality, and the 1729 diamonds for her sparkle.
After the success of the “Time Square” collection for ladies, available in many versions (2311 MV6 or the 2311 Skeleton), Guy Ellia finally decided to make a man’s watch. At BaselWorld 2004, he introduced his “Z1” timepiece, with the Z representing the first name of his son, Zacharie.
An aficionado of fine automobiles, Guy Ellia transposed his passion for their mechanical engines into veritable machines that could measure time. Year after year, with the help of Christophe Claret, a Swiss master watchmaker, Guy Ellia created a series of complicated watches. To give one example, his “Tourbillon Magistère” requires one to two years to make, and only about fifteen will be produced per year. A small but important detail is that the watches are signed on the case back with a small diamond forming the dot on the “i” in the signature.
Guy Ellia likes to recall a quotation from Oscar Wilde. “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” And this high standard is what Guy Ellia brings to the men and women who share his love of beauty and good taste.
“Don’t dream, just watch.” With his creations, Guy Ellia gives life to his dreams.

1973 : Apprentissage à Anvers du métier de diamantaire.
Gabriel Tolkowsky lui offre sa première balance à peser les diamants.
1994 : Rachat des Etablissements Jean Guérin, rue La Fayette,à Paris dans le quartier des diamantaires. Il s’oriente vers la taille des pierres
Guy Ellia inaugure la création de pièces de Haute Joaillerie pour la Place Vendôme
1999 : Création de la marque Guy Ellia et installation des bureaux, rue de la Paix, Paris

Dépositaires de la marque :
  • Arije Paris
  • Doux Joaillier Courchevel
  • Zegg & Cerlati Monaco
  • Frojo Saint Tropez
  • Piantelli London
  • Azal Dubaï
  • Diamond Time Athens
  • Steltman Den Haag
  • Lydion Mucevher Antalya
  • Avakian Genève
  • Louvre Moscou
  • Crystal Kiev
  • Westime Los Angeles
  • Cellini New York
2003 : Développement vers l’international :
  • Russie
  • Ukraine
  • Emirats Arabes Unis
  • Japon
  • Etats-unis
  • Turquie
  • Suisse
  • Angleterre
  • Hollande
  • Grèce
2007 : Implantation de la marque outre-atlantique ( New York et Los Angeles)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

That watch looks very interesting. Must looks awesome on the wrist. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I have a rule, if i can't say it then i can't afford it, but i will keep an update on this thread.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

YEA, just amazing - thanks for those additional links Current!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Did you read the article that Current posted. I reposted it in the link right above you. You really should read that. amazing stuff.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Did you read the article that Current posted. I reposted it in the link right above you. You really should read that. amazing stuff.
I did. Those are some very cool designs. That tourbillon is beautiful. Of course though, I'm partial to the Jumbo Chrono.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts