Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Macsense Homepod.

I bought this thing a couple of weeks ago from Shnoop.com, they sell something different everyday. This thing was manufactured in 2003 and sold as a music server for $300, shnoop sold them for $19.99. What the heck, I'll see what I can do with it... It was the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to connect to my network and get to work.

I did finally get it hooked up and working, but then found out it only sees MP3's, WMA's are not in it's play realm.After 3 days, I am now serving up very high quality digital MP3 files via it's digital port to my receiver, and quite impressed with the results, but had I spent a penny more on this thing, I would have trashed it.

If any of the folks here get one (it'll be on shnoop again or elswhere), I will be more than happy to assist you in getting it to work. As frustrating as it was to figure out, it is a pretty neat gadget for $20

Dingbat

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

http://www.macsense.com/product/homepad/

Macsense HomePad[sup]TM[/sup] is a digital stereo component that allows users to take advantage of their existing wireless network to stream music files stored on their computers to HomePads located anywhere in the house.
Imagine being able to select from any computer in your home or office and choose the music you want to listen to on any speaker or headphone set. Simply select your music from the LCD screen on the HomePad and you are set. HomePad works outside on the patio, in the garden or while organizing your garage.

Until now, MP3 music lovers have been forced to connect their computers to their home stereos, or to make duplicate copies of their music files to CDs and portable storage players if they want to listen to their music away from the computers. But now, with HomePad's 802.11b, or Wi-Fi, network interface to stream MP3 files to remote devices, consumers now have a real and convenient solution to enjoying their digital music around the house.
The HomePad enhances Apple's digital hub concept, complementing iTunes and iPod. Think of HomePad as an iPod for home distributed entertainment. The handheld device functions just like an iPod, with the ability to browse by song name, artists, album, and genre.

The device scans surrounding computers on the wireless network for available media libraries and list them for selection and playing. Host Server software runs on a PC, Mac, or Linux machines.
HomePad features an 802.11b wireless and Ethernet network interface, FM tuner, USB port, built-in stereo speakers, stereo audio outputs to home hi-fi system, headphone jack, 2.5" back-lit LCD display, jog-shuttle rotating dial, and on-unit control buttons.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

that be the gadget. but you better be net savy or it ain't ever gonna work.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts