Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

There are only about 9 hours left, but the world's first fully interchangeable watch is now on Kickstarter: (you can change every part... Face, Case, Bezel and Straps.)

Link removed...

There is 50% off all watches until the campaign end, so get in quick! Also please share it. (We a small watch makers based in England.)

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Welcome to our fine forum! Don't forget to introduce yourself. Always nice huh, to use a forum like this for free advertising ;) To be able to change straps is not a feature worth mentioning, it's the very basis of the wrist watch. And to end this grumpy rant: my H2O Orca could do this years and years ago, it comes with a plethora of cases, bezels, straps and bracelets. And H2O (Clemens Helberg) wasn't even the first with this :D It was introduced in 2012 and has an on-line configurator.

Reactions: rafy1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hey thanks!

Oh wow, I haven't seen that watch before, looks great!

On our Eldon Watch the great thing is that you can change all parts without any tools at all. (Everything screws off and even the straps have a special tool built into them, similar to the Apple Watch Straps.)

We'd love to get one to you to check out, review and give us some feedback on if you fancy it?

All the best
Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

Watch forums are made for watch enthusiasts, saying that I am not sure it is the best place to advertise a "cheap" watch, meaning that generally we are looking for quality, etc... A watch a bit more expensive than 100 USD like it is proposed now; knowing that quality cannot be ensured for that price. Very sad to see that all micro watch companies are focusing thought on price only instead of quality, customers communications and satisfactions. I really do not see the point to sell "cheap" watch with low margins, and possible low quality control then warranty return of the watches, unhappy customers, etc... High risk for nothing...

Marc your concept is superb; and there is a big potential in it ;) I would not hide you that I am a big fan of these customization watches; and I am having a lot of H2O Orca, which are Professional Diver watches with high quality, strong, robust, the top from the top, and of course cannot be compared at all with your "cheap" watch, to me they are the leaser in the segment. I am sure that your new watch will be a success for the simple and logic reason that there is a market for all types of watches (cheap, expensive, etc...) So I wish you the best :) I hope you will improve and propose something "higher end" soon, I will follow your company ;) I wish to see automatic movement maybe, better lume on your handsets, I want to see different bezel types (with markers); and of course different case shapes; and better straps choice. To me you should not only look at the cheap watch segment; your original concept deserves much better ;) On a pure technical side the flat back of the case should be improved in your next version (inclined lugs maybe) to give more stability and comfort of the watch on the wrist.

OK your marketing enthusiast "First..." is maybe not 100% true, but it is fine :) But reading from you it seems that we can exchange dial / handsets by ourself, and without tools?? It would be wonderful, I am dreaming about it!! Please tell me that you can do it. :)

Warm Regards,

Rafy.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Haven't seen the Orca? Seems to me to be a lack of even the most basic research on your product and the watch market in general.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts