Watch Freeks banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Watch Freek
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Freeks!

I’m listing my ‘58 OP to see what the interest might be. It has aged in such a unique way. I’m really having a hard time parting with it, but I honestly just don’t wear it and I’d rather someone did. And, I’d rather use the money for something I would enjoy more.

It’s two-tone 18k/SS with the engine turned bezel. The serial starts 359 which puts it in mid ‘58. Everything is beautiful on it including the second hand which has aged blue!!!

The crystal could use a quick polish. It’s not bad so you could skip that. I haven’t ever done it so I didn’t want to start with this one lol.

I bought it a year ago and haven’t really worn it. I think it’s absolutely beautiful but I just don’t really bond with yellow gold…. My loss. When I bought it, the seller said it had been serviced in April (2021) and sent a receipt. I cannot be sure about that other than his word. It runs about 24 seconds fast per day. Also, it was accidentally submerged once and was completely unscathed!!! Although I wouldn’t recommend as a regular practice.

The power reserve is right on for the 1030 movement (almost 2 full days) and it hand winds, and auto-winds as it should.

Here are a couple pics. I can’t open it but I did see inside when I bought it. It looked great!!! It would be shipped on a black (small size) leather strap, which is the correct 19mm width. I added a Rolex buckle but I’m not 100% sure of the authenticity of that, I bought it on eBay for $50.

The price I’m listing at is $3400 (reasonable offers considered). I will only consider trades for most modern 39mm Tudors from the Black Bay line, or, similar vintage Rolex in stainless. Feel free to message me any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts