Watch Freeks banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD/TRADED $1900, CONUS shipping and PP fees included. Would prefer a money order to avoid fees. NO trades please. International shipping is an option that we can discuss.

Back on the chopping block. You can't find this rare watch in this condition, and for this price - ANYWHERE!

The much heralded Timefactors PRS-2 Dreadnought is often referred to as the grandfather of all micro dive watches. This one is #43 of 200 made. If you are reading this, I'm sure you know the watch. So I'm not going to get into the stories and details too much. This is a FULL kit (minus only the lug & bracelet tools). I have ALL the paperwork, and there is a lot - even the technical drawings. Plus there are a few brochures, a Timefactors dog tag and cleaning cloth, an unworn Rhino strap, the gorgeous lacquered dark wood inner box, as well as the cardboard outer box. The warranty card, chronometer certificate, all links, plus extra pins, bars, etc. You name it, it's all there (besides the tools - but any similar tools will do). I asked Eddie Platts if he could send me tools, but he didn't have any left to send me. The Dreadnought PRS-2 project was managed by Walter Fricker, who also made the case. Assembly and proofing was carried out by prominent Master Watchmaker Dirk Dornblüth.

As you can see from my pictures, this Dreadnought is in great condition for a 13 year old watch, just the typical hairline scratches on the stainless from gentle wear. Domed sapphire crystal is pristine. ETA 2824-2T movement runs very accurately, and within COSC & DIN specs. I just gave it a quick test over 24 hrs, and it's at +6 sec. I keep it on the winder (about 650 TPD) when I'm not wearing it. This watch has been worn in a rotation of about 10 watches. It's just not getting the wrist time that it deserves, so it's time for a new home.

The bead blasted finish on this watch was a bit worn when I received it, so I sent it to Jack at IWW, and he changed it to brushed stainless for me. Looks fantastic, IMHO. Eddie from Timefactors sent me new hands, which Jack switched out. The orange lume paint at 12 o'clock was somewhat faded, so Jack redid it to match the orange of the minute hand, so now everything looks good and the multi-colored lume shines bright as new. See my pics. By the way, Eddie has given his stamp of approval on the change to brushed stainless. I was worried that he wouldn't be too happy when I asked his opinion, but he supported my choice, and liked it a lot when it was done. I think it really makes the watch "pop" on the wrist.

The specifications:

• Case and bracelet manufactured from 316L stainless steel.​
  • Diameter = 44 mm, 15.6 mm thick and 54 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 22 mm.​
  • Weight: Watch & bracelet = 265 grams, the watch head is approximately 140 grams.​
  • Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the underside.​
  • Super Luminova on hands and dial.​
  • Movement: ETA2824-2T (Top) with decoration and chronometer rated to DIN standard.​
  • Anti-magnetic movement dust cover & movement ring.​
  • 500 meters water resistant.​
  • Twin "O" ring seals in the case back.​
  • Patented decoupling screw down crown (tested to 2000 meters).​
  • Anti-magnetic to 30,000 A/m.​
  • Screwed bar lugs.​
  • Solid link stainless steel bracelet with solid end pieces, diver's extension and screwed removable links.​
  • Numbered limited edition of just 200 pieces.​

I have had many successful sales on the forums ("flyersandeagles" on WUS, and "dsfeight" on WF), and over 15 years of perfect feedback on eBay ("flyersandeagles"), if you want to look me up. Please let me know through PM if you require any more info or pictures.

How about some pictures....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.