Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my friend I was most likely gonna sell it real quick to fund the Tuna Monster (SRP637) but I wanted to "sample the blue" first. Another detour to my main goal but it's another one I'm glad I took.

The SRP453 LE Baby Tuna arrived with the SRP227 bracelet on but a bit tight cus it's missing one link that I'll get through another friend shortly.

So yesterday I started playing around a little.

Typical powerful Seiko lume

A little canvas

I love blue and orange

I love this strap I got from Amazon. Somehow it took 24 days to receive from
TX to CA but worth the wait

^^^ Definitely my favorite look on but switched to good ole Super Engineer just to see.

It's really convenient that it comes with drilled lug holes for easy shoes swapping.

This is the current look today.

I'm super surprised that I love this more than the SRP227 I had.

Maybe it's cus every time my buddy posted his blue Baby Tuna, the colors and beauty really didn't show up with his shots.

Had I known, I would've tried to get this from him a long time ago.

So this is a keeper and if one day I scratch up the bezel, I'll probably just do some modding, blasting or whatever. And I still need the SRP637 ASAP which plays a bit bigger but not too much.

Possibly next week.

Thanks for viewing !

·
Registered
489 Posts
That's a real looker right there! I best you can pair it with almost any NATO color too, making it a very versatile piece.

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Super Watch Luis!! Happy for you. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot everyone. Just woke up from nap and had to put it on again ASAP. Can't believe I didn't think I'd like it much.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot, fellas!

Wow, the blue is a grand slam! And on that blue NATO, it makes me weak in the knees!
Grand Slam and Weak in the knees! I love it, very accurate in my case.
Thank you. I wore a different piece today for a bit but the Baby Tuna was calling me so I grabbed it before heading out. The blue NATO is definitely my favorite look though.

·
Super Moderator
10,654 Posts
Luis, that is one terrific detour to take right there !!! :smile-thumb2:What a majestic blue on both the bezel, and the dial ! :smile: It really helps you appreciate the design of the watch so much, and just looks phenomenal to be honest. Then to see how it teams up with each, and every one of those straps, and bracelets is unbelievable ! ..You get a different vibe each time, and they ALL work ! Holy cowza !!! Huge congratulations Luis !

·
Registered
489 Posts
Saw this version at a local jewelry store on sale at $506.25. Obviously I immediately fell in love, but the wifey gave me the look, so back to the shelf it went. :(

I'm definitely going to get this bad boy one way or another!

PS: Photo's not mine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hah! Looks like it was a good idea that I didn't get it. Found it cheaper on eBay: Link

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saw this version at a local jewelry store on sale at $506.25. Obviously I immediately fell in love, but the wifey gave me the look, so back to the shelf it went. :(

I'm definitely going to get this bad boy one way or another!

PS: Photo's not mine.
I love that sexy beast too. I tried the one with black ceramic shroud and red accents at the store and you should know it is absolutely stunning. Specs say 52mm but I think it wears more around 48mm because of the lugs. If I had excesss money, I'd get it just cus I could. Really a fun watch that can take a beating. The rubber on it was silky smooth.

Sorry for lighting but this was at the store.

They're coming down in price as you see from your link. The red one I saw at just about $370ish brand new on eBay. I wonder how low they'll go. And I just saw my future SRP637 at $245 but comes from Singapore. I emailed him why the estimated arrival is so far away since I received a watch from Singapore in just about a week once.

Let us know when you get it.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luis, that is one terrific detour to take right there !!! :smile-thumb2:What a majestic blue on both the bezel, and the dial ! :smile: It really helps you appreciate the design of the watch so much, and just looks phenomenal to be honest. Then to see how it teams up with each, and every one of those straps, and bracelets is unbelievable ! ..You get a different vibe each time, and they ALL work ! Holy cowza !!! Huge congratulations Luis !
My thoughts exactly, thank you, Tom. In different words but I completely feel the same. It's like a dream watch to me. Might be getting a super oyster to play with it too since I need it anyway in my repertoire. I would strongly encourage our freeks to check out all the variety of Tunas out there. From $245 to many thousand dollars worth. There's one for everyone. Unless it's someone that prefer traditional pieces and I totally respect and understand it.

Wearing this makes me stop and stare all the time. And smile at it too. Huge pride of ownership for a relatively low price in comparison to wears out there. I decided I need 3 tunas in my life and I'm close to the second one. The other one is a Golden Tuna but I'll most likely settle for a SRP641 and find a modder that can do gold plating on just the outer bezel area to save me a bunch of money from the vintage Golden Tuna. Tunas are a sickness !

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love that sexy beast too. I tried the one with black ceramic shroud and red accents at the store and you should know it is absolutely stunning. Specs say 52mm but I think it wears more around 48mm because of the lugs. If I had excesss money, I'd get it just cus I could. Really a fun watch that can take a beating. The rubber on it was silky smooth.

They're coming down in price as you see from your link. The red one I saw at just about $370ish brand new on eBay. I wonder how low they'll go. And I just saw my future SRP637 at $245 but comes from Singapore. I emailed him why the estimated arrival is so far away since I received a watch from Singapore in just about a week once.

Let us know when you get it.
Agreed as far as the rubber strap. WHEN I get mine, I don't think it'll need a different strap (at least for a while) as the original one feels really good. That red accented one looks great too, but I'm really drawn to the blue version (thanks to you lol).

That SRP637 is a looker too. I wish they had a version that had dots as markers like the SRP653. Or do they?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Agreed as far as the rubber strap. WHEN I get mine, I don't think it'll need a different strap (at least for a while) as the original one feels really good. That red accented one looks great too, but I'm really drawn to the blue version (thanks to you lol).

That SRP637 is a looker too. I wish they had a version that had dots as markers like the SRP653. Or do they?

Not that I know of. I can only assume, based on the popularity of all Tunas and Baby Tunas like my LE, that we may be months away from seeing some really cool LE editions of the Tuna Monsters. Would be cool to see if they make some blue, yellow, orange and even some grey dial versions. Stay tuned! I would love to see a yellow dial with blue accents. Borealis should've done that color combo with their Sea Dragon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts