Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

UPGRADED 3/28/10

We are excited to announce that Watch Freeks now has a fully integrated Gallery feature (upgraded 3/28/10)! This will give ALL members the ability to upload photos of their watch collections AND put them in different folders.

Here are instructions on how to set up and use your own Gallery on this site!

FINDING THE GALLERY

You can find the new Gallery by clicking on the "Gallery" link on the main navigation bar OR on the drop down "Quick Links" menu. Please see Image A below:

IMAGE A:

SETTING UP YOUR GALLERY

The first time you click on one of the Gallery link you will see the "Viewing The Gallery - Your Photos - Default folder" page.
  • Initially you will see all the images that have been uploaded by other members.
  • Please note - Once you upload images the next time you click on the Gallery link you will see your images first
In the upper right corner of the page you will see a link to "Upload Photos" and a link for "Folder Management". Please see Image B below:

IMAGE B:

SET UP OPTIONS:
  • IF YOU WANT TO CREATE SEPARATE FOLDERS (For different types of images. For example: "Watches", "Family", "Travel Pics") then click the "Folder Management" link first.
  • IF YOU PLAN TO UPLOAD ALL IMAGES TO THE "DEFAULT" FOLDER and not create separate folders for different categories of images then click "Upload Images" link first.
  • ** Please note: Regardless of how you initially upload images, you can go back later and easily create new separate folders and move pictures around from folder to folder!
FOLDER MANAGEMENT Option: To create "folders" for your images.
If you click on the "Folder Management" Link you will be taken to a page that looks like IMAGE C below. The first thing you will want to do is create new folders.
  • You will see an area to "Create A New File Folder".
  • Type in the name of the different folders you want and click on "Create"
  • Please Note: You can create multiple folders now, or create more any time later.
IMAGE C:

Uploading Images:

Next you need to upload your images to the Gallery. See Image D below.
  • Click on the "Upload Images" link you will come to a page where you can upload up to 5 images at a time.
  • You can also put a short comment about the image (for example a Brand name, model number, or description for the image).
  • You can also use the drop down menu to pick which "folder" the image will be put in at this time.
  • ** Please Note: Try to keep images around 1024px wide by 768px high max (or smaller) so they will load quickly.
IMAGE D:

INSERTING GALLERY IMAGES INTO POSTS

On top of having your own Gallery that other members can view at any time, you can also insert these images directly into your posts. Here is how you do it. Please see Image E and Image F below.
  • When you are making a new post you will now see a new button in the text editor on the Post Screen. It is a "G" for Gallery button. (Please see Image below).
  • Click on the "G" button.
IMAGE E:

Once you click on the "G" button a pop up window will open with the Gallery images you have previously uploaded. Please see Image F below.
  • You will see all of the images listed in pages AND the folders you have created listed.
  • You can either scroll through your all of images on the numbered pages or find images in the specific folders you have created by clicking on the folder name.
  • Once you find the image you want to insert just simply click on the image and it will be inserted into the post!
  • You can insert MULTIPLE images from your Gallery into any post by repeating this process!
IMAGE F:

INSERTING IMAGES INTO POSTS RECAP

There are now 3 DIFFERENT WAYS you can inset images into your posts. (Please see Image F below.)
  • #1 in Image F below: Upload an image directly from your computer. This will display the image at the end of your post.
  • #2 in Image F below: As explained above - Use the "G" button as mentioned above to insert a picture from your personal image Gallery
  • #3 in Image F below: Click on the "Insert Image" button which will allow you to past the URL of an image currently on the net and place it in your post. (More info about this option can be found at http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=171&forum_id=12)
IMAGE F:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

After you have uploaded your images you will have the ability to view ALL the photos uploaded by all of the members to the Gallery a variety of ways.
  • When you click on the Gallery link you will be able to choose to view ALL the images that everyone has uploaded, or just YOUR IMAGES.
  • You can also click on the different Letters to find the gallery for specific members (for example click on "T" to find "TVDinner's Gallery"
  • ** You can delete or move around images in your Gallery any time later by clicking on Folder Management link at any time.
3/28/10 Update:
Now if you have images in your gallery a link will AUTOMATICALLY show up in every post you make under your name. Please See sample image below for explanation.

If you do not have any images in your Gallery then the link will not appear.

The new Gallery feature is a great new addition to the Watch Freeks site!
We hope everyone will start uploading pictures of all of the watches in their collections.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Cool feature James...I uploaded 1 pic but I tried to upload another 2 and its telling me it has an error...not sure why? and it wont upload...
How large is the photo you are trying to upload? file size and dimensions

These are the things I am still tweaking so that info would be very helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
Cool feature James...I uploaded 1 pic but I tried to upload another 2 and its telling me it has an error...not sure why? and it wont upload...
How large is the photo you are trying to upload? file size and dimensions

These are the things I am still tweaking so that info would be very helpful.

Thanks!
You know what James...I'm not sure...lol...I will go and check and resize it...thanx

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the new feature. It looks very easy to use. I will need to change the way I handle my pics. First, I will need to resize most of the pictures I have as they are very large. Second, I normally upload them directly from my camera to Photobucket and use the Photobucket tools to edit. I will need to start editing on my computer using either PictureIt or FastStone. Then I will be able to upload directly to the Gallery. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Thanks for the new feature. It looks very easy to use. I will need to change the way I handle my pics. First, I will need to resize most of the pictures I have as they are very large. Second, I normally upload them directly from my camera to Photobucket and use the Photobucket tools to edit. I will need to start editing on my computer using either PictureIt or FastStone. Then I will be able to upload directly to the Gallery. Thanks again.
OR don't change what you are doing because you might want them in Photobucket also for use off this site. Do all your editing in Photobucket as you have been doing and are comfortabe with. Once done, just resave the revised images back to your desktop and then upload to the gallery on this site. Then you will have the images online in both places (Photobucket and the WF Gallery).

1024 by768px should really be the largest you upload to this gallery so the images continue to load fast.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Testing

Sweet.......

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I love all the pictures - keep them coming. no limit as far as I know!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm not that great of a photographer but you guys are welcome to borrow any of mine if you find them useful.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

nice

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

Now if I could only figure out how to take decent pix of my watches. How about pix of the cabin, Blu, the hood?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Got word yesterday that the gallery feature on this forum should be upgraded in the next few days or week. The upgrade will mainly give everyone the ability to create folders/albums when uploading images. This will give us all the option to put photos in different "albums".

So for example you could have a "Watches" folder and all your watch images could go into that album. Then you could have another folder/album called "Family" and all your family images could go into that album, and another folder/album called "Funny Pics" and all funny pics in that album, and so on.

This will be a great upgrade to the gallery feature here on Freeks and I am looking forward to it.

More info to come as soon as I hear from the developers on the upgrade to the gallery feature!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts