Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This looks like a fun and unusual timepiece. A conversation starter, I think. ....Bob

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/5IZImSMPLKk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

While I guess it is neat that the numbers are in all different then normal places, I just never saw the big deal with this watch. All the colors and giant numbers. Not one that I find attractive.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
While I guess it is neat that the numbers are in all different then normal places, I just never saw the big deal with this watch. All the colors and giant numbers. Not one that I find attractive.
You should see what it took for them to create this movement. Yes, they could have chosen a better case and dial for the exectution, but the movement is astounding! :)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I dream of owning a Franck Muller Crazy Hours....but I have better use for $20 grand....or more. This watch is why I have a Stuhrling Uptown Ozzie XL. It's not exactly like it, but it's as close as I'll ever get to owning one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

This is a watch that grows on you over time. The colorful dial draws your attention first and you have to take a quick second look to realize there are actually four hour numbers between consecutive hours. I checked it out in the case of Boston's Barmakian Jewelers so many times Bonnie instinctively walked towards the FM case when she saw me coming through the front door.

I think they put it in an understated case to keep the attention on the 'crazy hours' theme of the dial and not confuse the wearer with other complications. While it is very colorful, it looks very conservative under a French Cuff.

The stainless steel bracelet is a work of art very similar to Breitling's Pilot style bracelet. The five links fit together perfectly and are shaped so there is no friction between them no matter how you flex it and no bare skin or wrist hairs show through the bracelet when it is on the wrist.

In addition to the price, the only other issue with the watch is the noise the gears make when they snap the hour hand to the next hour. You can plainly hear it on the You Tube video and in a meeting if there is a lull in the conversation when the hour changes.

·
Long Time Member
2,417 Posts
imported post

Thats friggin awesome ! imagine the work put into that one !

·
Registered
333 Posts
imported post

Franck Muller watches are super expensive and most all based on the tonneau shape. The 'jumping hours' is well over 10Gs, well over. As stated above, the Sturhling Ozzie pays homage for a lot less - a lot less.

·
Registered
171 Posts
imported post

Just a thought on this piece, to keep it consistent, should the minute hand travel 5 minutes, then snap to the next consecutive number, instead of rotating traditionally? would make telling the time even more complicated, but would be more in line with the crazy hour theme. Probably not technically possible to do with an auto movement, but would have been "crazy" for sure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.