Watch Freeks banner

161 - 162 of 162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
took the kids down to visit my folks in VA this past weekend. it was quite busy, to say the least. we took them down to the Mall in Washington, D.C. on monday to walk around and see some sights- Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, "The Wall" ('Nam Memorial) and the last stop was to walk up to the Washington Monument. on the way, two young ladies with heavy east european accents stopped us and handed us 3 tickets for the Monument for the 14:00 lineup. it was 13:50 :thumb:

my wife wasn't interested and we both thought it would be best not to haul the 4y/o up, so myself, my 8 y/o daughter and my father went up. it had been more than 35 yrs since i had been up (when you could still walk up). my daughter was nervous, but once we got up she was fine and had a ball. dad spent time with her, giving the tour of the city, while i shot a few frames with both a Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS and a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5-5.6 EX. shooting thru the glass was awful- water streaks on the outside, fingerprints on the inside, horrible cast to the lighting with very low contrast... but after some quick edits in DxO, i was able to pull out the details in a B&W and overall i'm pretty happy with the results.

best viewed full size-

161 - 162 of 162 Posts