The watch or watches will have a 39mm stainless steel case, a 48
click black PVD coated steel divers bezel, black, green, and orange
dials, stainless steel bracelets, as well as Miyota 90S5 automatic
behind it all.

Some pictures...

Watch Arm Analog watch Gesture Clock

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Material property

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Foster Watch Co. with this and more for you...

FOSTER WATCH CO

8,251 Posts
Finally, a watch designed to eat oysters and drink Whisky! :)

· Senior Freek
1,605 Posts
Finally, a watch designed to eat oysters and drink Whisky! :)
and/or “getting frisky in the surf” LoL

$500 for a dive watch with a plastic crystal.

Reactions: GoodWatch

· Super Moderator
20,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
😁😊 It’s a fun name on the dial right guys?! And the skin diver design
simultaneously takes us back, yet is timeless, and modern. However, it
would have been great if the price wasn’t so modern. 🙂 And offered
just a bit more bang for the buck no doubt.

Loved hearing, or rather seeing what you both thought about these,
thanks very very much !!!

3 Posts
Hi guys! Everett from Foster, here. I think you guys tapped in on the fact that we've tried to be a little silly with our marketing. Some brands do serious, but we're trying to have some fun with our debut.

Happy to answer any questions, or to butt out. 😉

· Super Moderator
20,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Everett, wow very very cool of you to take the time to join up.😀

Want to welcome you aboard, and of course say that you did a
terrific job with your new watch. Really terrific honestly ! (y)(y)
With all of the watches which come out every year, we actually
don’t post about a watch unless it’s grabs your attention, and
this watch of yours’ definitely does that. 😎

And P.S., don’t mind us about the price, it just shows how many
people actually like the watch. 😉

Welcome once again, and all the best too of course to you !

3 Posts
Hi Everett, wow very very cool of you to take the time to join up.😀

Want to welcome you aboard, and of course say that you did a
terrific job with your new watch. Really terrific honestly ! (y)(y)
With all of the watches which come out every year, we actually
don’t post about a watch unless it’s grabs your attention, and
this watch of yours’ definitely does that. 😎

And P.S., don’t mind us about the price, it just shows how many
people actually like the watch. 😉

Welcome once again, and all the best too of course to you !
Thank you, Tom! Really appreciate the kind words. Hell, we appreciate someone just noticing and discussing it. We're obviously smitten, but love to hear what folks think. Again, happy to answer any questions, talk about decisions, or just shoot the breeze.

As to the price... no mind taken, as I've played to too-much-$-for-X game many a time 🤣. I hope there is some value here, but there are always decisions that have to be made with these things.

· Senior Freek
1,605 Posts
I love the playfulness of the ad copy. But I’m turned off by an”acrylic crystal” at a $500 price point. But that’s just like my opinion, man!

Community Table Event Photo caption Font

· Super Moderator
20,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Tom! Really appreciate the kind words. Hell, we appreciate someone just noticing and discussing it. We're obviously smitten, but love to hear what folks think. Again, happy to answer any questions, talk about decisions, or just shoot the breeze.

As to the price... no mind taken, as I've played to too-much-$-for-X game many a time 🤣. I hope there is some value here, but there are always decisions that have to be made with these things.

Don’t mention it Everett, the real thanks goes to you ! 😉

And of course, appreciate you just making these watches for all
of us watch fans to ogle over, and talk about like this here. 😉😎
As well as for other forums and formats too. Honestly, your cool
take on the skin diver is just a lot of fun to see. It’s a seriously fun
serious diver Everett, and I wish you the best of luck !

From what I have seen a lot of people really like this beauty.
And I am one of them.

3 Posts
Where are these watches made?
The case, dial, bracelet, etc. are made in China; obviously there is a stigma there, but making this watch in the US would be impossible from a price stance, and "making it" in Switzerland would change very little about where the actual work was performed (still mostly China). We are working with great manufacturing partners; our factories have been heavily vetted, and have an excellent portfolio. From what I can tell, we are about the cheapest watch these folks are putting putting out, and certainly one of the least well known. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share details, but I can tell you that these folks are players, and they do excellent work.

The 90s5 is made in Japan by Citizen.

We do all of the QC, regulation, and fulfillment ourselves in Eugene, Oregon (which has been a HUGE learning experience :ROFLMAO:)

I love the playfulness of the ad copy. But I’m turned off by an”acrylic crystal” at a $500 price point. But that’s just like my opinion, man!
Totally get you re acrylic / sapphire. Im an unapologetic hesi-boy, but we knew it would be a love-it/hate-it sitch.

That said, I think its a misconception that acrylic costs less than Sapphire. For us, there were zero costs savings there, and it was NOT a cost saving measure. We just wanted acrylic, because we like it in this application.

Don’t mention it Everett, the real thanks goes to you ! 😉

And of course, appreciate you just making these watches for all
of us watch fans to ogle over, and talk about like this here. 😉😎
As well as for other forums and formats too. Honestly, your cool
take on the skin diver is just a lot of fun to see. It’s a seriously fun
serious diver Everett, and I wish you the best of luck !

From what I have seen a lot of people really like this beauty.
And I am one of them.
Thank you again, Tom! The reception has been really fun! love being able to talk with folks about this thing that we brought to life!

· Senior Freek
1,605 Posts
Watches made in China do not bother me. I own two Deep Blue watches that are made in China, and I own two Chinese watches a bronze Cronos, and a Heimdallr Sharkey, both running NH35 movements. I have watches that have mineral, acrylic, and sapphire. Sapphire is my preference.

Reactions: peterr and Everett

4,732 Posts
I agree with Gary in that many watches (and plenty of other items) made in China are of very high quality these days, certainly no knock on any micro brand.

On the acrylic crystal, I get it’s basically a throwback to vintage ‘50-‘60s divers. I have a Lorier Neptune, another retro inspired diver and its acrylic crystal has actually grown on me. The distortion from extreme angles is actually kind of cool and as long as you keep a tube of Polywatch handy, any occasional light scratches easily polish out.

I also like Whiskey.

· Watch Freek
25 Posts
Me too, especially Suntory Toki, which is not too costly, and maybe not coincidentally,
"toki" means "time", as in, you take your time with it.

I have been off this forum for a while, and the other ones too, because i felt it was necesary
to downsize my collection, and i find i get so easily intigued by watches i didn't know existed
on these forums. Anyway, after a year of selling, i got down to where i wanted to be, and so
i went on aBlogtoWatch to see what i've missed, and just fell in love with this watch online,
and bought one in orange. I see they're now sold out, so i just squeaked in there, i'm tracking
it via usps and it looks like it's coming tomorrow or monday. Either way, a very anticipated
delivery.

i look forward to delivering my feedback, this looks to be a very exciting and well-designed
watch. i am especially happy about the slim 12.1 mm thickness, that beautiful acrylic dome,
which i'm open to trying ( and, i already own polywatch, which i find meditative to apply,) and
the curvature built into the case. More soon, thanks Everett!

Peter

· Watch Freek
25 Posts
As for price, compare this to Nth, for example. or why drag them into this? I don't mean
to put anybody down who's trying to make their way in a difficult field. But watches
are getting more expensive, i and i wouldn't include this in the "expensive" category.

personally, i'd compare it to eating organically, which is something i opt to do, i feel
by spending my food dollars wisely, i am more effectively voting than i do in the booth.
Supporting a couple of good guys putting out an intelligently designed watch like this
is just another good vote, i think, maybe even good karma....

· Watch Freek
25 Posts
The watch is here, it is definitey a keeper. Gorgeous watch, gorgeous acrylic crystal.
The dial is perfect, captivating but not gaudy ( not that there's anything wrong with gaudy...)
It's running very accurately, it's only been a few hours, but they regulate these in Eugene
and it seems they do a good job. i put it on a shark mesh just to get it on the wrist, and
man, does this thing fit my wrist well! The shark mesh is not tight, yet the watch stays put.

I think Seiko should do a Foster homage :)

Thanks Everett and Christian !

· Super Moderator
20,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The case, dial, bracelet, etc. are made in China; obviously there is a stigma there, but making this watch in the US would be impossible from a price stance, and "making it" in Switzerland would change very little about where the actual work was performed (still mostly China). We are working with great manufacturing partners; our factories have been heavily vetted, and have an excellent portfolio. From what I can tell, we are about the cheapest watch these folks are putting putting out, and certainly one of the least well known. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share details, but I can tell you that these folks are players, and they do excellent work.

The 90s5 is made in Japan by Citizen.

We do all of the QC, regulation, and fulfillment ourselves in Eugene, Oregon (which has been a HUGE learning experience :ROFLMAO:)

Totally get you re acrylic / sapphire. Im an unapologetic hesi-boy, but we knew it would be a love-it/hate-it sitch.

That said, I think its a misconception that acrylic costs less than Sapphire. For us, there were zero costs savings there, and it was NOT a cost saving measure. We just wanted acrylic, because we like it in this application.

Thank you again, Tom! The reception has been really fun! love being able to talk with folks about this thing that we brought to life!

You are very very welcome Everett ! 😀(y)

It really has been a lot of fun to talk about doubt. And it's an incredibly fun
as well as cool watch of course. :cool:;) So the fact that we get to talk about
it is the icing on the cake. ⌚🎂

Thank YOU for not only coming up with such a neat watch for us to ogle
over. But also for just taking the time to join up here, and talk with us. It's
easy to see that people are loving the watch both in here, as well as out
there !

I mean just look at what Peterr is saying here. :D And by the way, I am
sending off a GIANT congrats on being the first to pick one up Peterr !!!

I honestly hope you wear it all of the time, and really ENJOY !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts