Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found this on wired... I know its old, but these bad boys are supposed to debut any time now. Has anyone else seen anything on this? Or are their dates and claims on these "E-Racers" reliable / even close to reality?

Here is the wired article: "E-Racer" Tech -- An Electric Race Car Tech Dream!

This video only shows them having a battery life of 15 minutes.. but damn are they fast: You Tube Video

I think it would be pretty sweet to go to a track and not choke on smoke and exhaust all day. I'm sure there are more indoor applications too. If I could get an engine like this in my truck... I'd switching in a hear beat! (Avalanche with an E-Racer engine :) My eco friendly redneck tech)

They claim that the E-Racer Tech - Formula E cars will drive through the streets of the cities... like some sort of high speed rally racing. the races are supposed to last an hour with 2 battery / car changes. So far the info says they only get like 10 or 15 minutes of battery... but at 200mph that is some killer battery juice.

Id like to be in the room for what sort of scam they would have to pull on the powers that be to allow these e-racers let loose in the streets of New York or Miami.

They are claiming top speeds of 200mph and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds... whiplash time!

Anyway.... though these were cool and wanted to share.:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Look here for Formula E
http://www.fiaformulae.com

This is a World Championship for electric single seat open wheel Formula Cars.

First round this weekend in China.

·
Registered
1 Posts
battery life of 15 minutes at 200 mph?!

Sweet the fact that this thing swings 0 to 60 in 3 seconds is enough for me. Hot car. but I can't imagine it zooming through the streets of popular cities. No way the cops would let it slide. But still, i'd love to see it. Thanks for sharing!

Found this on wired... I know its old, but these bad boys are supposed to debut any time now. Has anyone else seen anything on this? Or are their dates and claims on these "E-Racers" reliable / even close to reality?

Here is the wired article: "E-Racer" Tech -- An Electric Race Car Tech Dream!

This video only shows them having a battery life of 15 minutes.. but damn are they fast: You Tube Video

I think it would be pretty sweet to go to a track and not choke on smoke and exhaust all day. I'm sure there are more indoor applications too. If I could get an engine like this in my truck... I'd switching in a hear beat! (Avalanche with an E-Racer engine :) My eco friendly redneck tech)

They claim that the E-Racer Tech - Formula E cars will drive through the streets of the cities... like some sort of high speed rally racing. the races are supposed to last an hour with 2 battery / car changes. So far the info says they only get like 10 or 15 minutes of battery... but at 200mph that is some killer battery juice.

Id like to be in the room for what sort of scam they would have to pull on the powers that be to allow these e-racers let loose in the streets of New York or Miami.

They are claiming top speeds of 200mph and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds... whiplash time!

Anyway.... though these were cool and wanted to share.:smile-thumb2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts