Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I love me some pizza but, alas, I rarely eat it...I just fantasize about doing so weekly...An XL Extravaganza with everything except the little fishes...Mmmmm !

What's your personal fav ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I LOVE pizza! I like them with everything but the fishies and 'shrooms. I also LOVE deep dish Chicago style sausage pizza!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Step father is Mexican so anything with some spice like Mexican or Cajun. After that probably a pizza joint based out of Cincinnati, OH called LaRosas.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

1) thin crust with mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, extra cheese, and light onions.

2) 2 1/2 inch thick pizza PIE you can only really get in Chicago and I always enjoy when there.

3) My all time favorite - REAL White pizza in NYC that is so much garlic that the left overs make your fridge smell like garlic for over a week. I love it with extra tomato slices added on top of the white yummy goodness.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

only normal cheese for me. regular crust, regular size. classic and perfect.

and i do not understand the giant pizza pies from chicago. have had them and did not understand the excitement about waiting 45 minutes to an hour for them to cook, or only being able to eat about 1/2 of one slice.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Meat, meat, and meat.
kinda figured that would be an answer you would give...................lol....ha ha ha always knew you were a "meat" lover.

as for my favorite pizza, i love round and thin crust, but if i had to pick , a piece of good old world sicilian would be my favorite.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Being in NYC you kinda take it for granted - but having had some of the things people call pizza outside of NYC - OMG

my favorite would be Round pie cheese (regular) or what is called "Brooklyn style" pizza -

TV got my 2nd favorite down - White pizza !!! excellent

Being in NY we are kinda spoiled with this - all kinds of great pizza!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

We used to have a franchise around the Cincinnati area called Godfather's Pizza and it was the best pizza in the area. Now, since there are no Mom & Pops around making a unique pizza, I will have to go for Donatos then Pizza Hut.
These really don't thrill me enough to pay $18 for a delivered medium so I often buy frozen DiGiorno's and it actually taste better than the franchised pizzas, to me.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
We used to have a franchise around the Cincinnati area called Godfather's Pizza and it was the best pizza in the area. Now, since there are no Mom & Pops around making a unique pizza, I will have to go for Donatos then Pizza Hut.
These really don't thrill me enough to pay $18 for a delivered medium so I often buy frozen DiGiorno's and it actually taste better than the franchised pizzas, to me.
Dude I grew up in Florence, KY. LaRosas had them all beat hands down to this day. I remember Godfathers though....pretty good but not LaRosas good. There is actually a little shop near Charleston, WV where I live that uses Godfather's recipe though. Since I can't get LaRosas here in WV I go there quite frequently. I thought there was also one in Chilicothe, OH. too.

Not trying to start a pizza war but I have had pizza in Chicago and lived near Stanford, CT for almost 3 years so I have had all kinds of NY pizza and my experience LaRosas in Northern, KY and Cincinnati, OH is the best hands down. Give em a try trust me.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Get Larosa's often, don't know why I didn't mention them.

As for Godfathers in Chillicothy, funny you would know that, but it closed down a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
Get Larosa's often, don't know why I didn't mention them.

As for Godfathers in Chillicothy, funny you would know that, but it closed down a few years ago.
Hate to hear it closed. It was good pizza.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
start a pizza war
That actually appeals to my warped sense of humor but, I'm not totally awake yet either & I've never learned to not post until I am.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Step father is Mexican so anything with some spice like Mexican or Cajun. After that probably a pizza joint based out of Cincinnati, OH called LaRosas.
Oh my God, LaRosas is AWESOME pizza!! My cousins all live in Cincinnatti and when we were growing up, we would spend alot of time there. We ate alot of LaRosas pizza!

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

Being born and raised in Chicago, I am a little of a pizza snob. LOL

We definitely have the BEST pizza around. We don't eat paper thin cardboard with some cheese and Hunts tomato sauce like they do in that OTHER city that claims to have good pizza.

For toppings, I keep it simple. Pepperoni is my favorite, sometimees with Onions. The only sausage pizza I can take is Lou Malnati's. For all of you Chicago pizza lovers there is a website (I "THINK" its called Taste of Chicago) where you can order the foods we're famous for. Besides pizza, you can order from Portillos. They have some of the best Italian Beef in Chicago. The place was started in a little trailer and now has well over 30 locations all over Chicagoland and there is usually TWO line at least 20-30 people deep EVERYDAY at lunchtime.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

srebo70 wrote:
Being born and raised in Chicago, I am a little of a pizza snob. LOL

We definitely have the BEST pizza around. We don't eat paper thin cardboard with some cheese and Hunts tomato sauce like they do in that OTHER city that claims to have good pizza.

For toppings, I keep it simple. Pepperoni is my favorite, sometimees with Onions. The only sausage pizza I can take is Lou Malnati's. For all of you Chicago pizza lovers there is a website (I "THINK" its called Taste of Chicago) where you can order the foods we're famous for. Besides pizza, you can order from Portillos. They have some of the best Italian Beef in Chicago. The place was started in a little trailer and now has well over 30 locations all over Chicagoland and there is usually TWO line at least 20-30 people deep EVERYDAY at lunchtime.
Oh we gonna start this again....Here we go Chicago with the best pizza...lol...Hey you may have good pizza but NY has the best pizza...lol...I will tell you what. Next time you come to NY look me up and I will make sure you get great pizza. Stop going to those tourist traps in Time Square!!! Thats not pizza...I appreciate your enthusiam with Chicago pizza and I really like it myself. Been to Chicago many times and really love the pizza...I guess this will be an on going battle on who has the best pizza...:?
To each Their own...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts