Watch Freeks banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The 75 post rule is a measure I fully support. I know I come across as a goody two shoes now but I don't give a hoot. 'Members' who only want to use the for sale section and nothing else are not members in my book, just scroungers.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Attention to all watch or strap vendors, the Sales/Trade rules have been changed. Starting today, here are the rules (also included in the OP post):

Amount of Sales/Trade threads you can have at one time (vendors).

• Maximum number of items that can be listed for sale at one time for vendors = 5
  • Maximum number of items that can be listed for Trade at one time for vendors = 5
  • Maximum combined number of sales and trade items that can be posted at one time by the same vendor member = 5
  • Multiple items in a listing are allowed (for vendors only).
  • Only one Sales/Trade post is allowed per day. Any additional posts will be deleted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 75 post rule is a measure I fully support. I know I come across as a goody two shoes now but I don't give a hoot. 'Members' who only want to use the for sale section and nothing else are not members in my book, just scroungers.

Buying and selling watches is a central activity in the collecting world. It is how one can physically enjoy the hobby.

The degree of member policing here is ridiculous. The forum assumes no responsibility for exchange. It should, therefore, be up to the members to decide with whom they would like to interact. At the very least, members should be able to vote on forum-wide changes.

It is clear, however, that this group prefers to be insular and I want no part of it.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Buying and selling watches is a central activity in the collecting world. It is how one can physically enjoy the hobby.

The degree of member policing here is ridiculous. The forum assumes no responsibility for exchange. It should, therefore, be up to the members to decide with whom they would like to interact. At the very least, members should be able to vote on forum-wide changes.

It is clear, however, that this group prefers to be insular and I want no part of it.

Goodbye CH47

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myke

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

Reactions: Myke

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

Likewise with most forums, abiding by relatively simple rules is a central act of decency and compliance expected of all members here.

Your response is immature to say the least.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What the hell is this??

He hasn't posted in over two years and then this suddenly pops up...?

I assumed he had his hand slapped, but it appears he woke from a coma with a 2+ year old gripe to vent about.

·
Registered
141 Posts
He/she said that they want no part of this website, anymore, so couldn't their account be forcibly closed/banned? Seems logical.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
What the hell is this??

He hasn't posted in over two years and then this suddenly pops up...?

I assumed he had his hand slapped, but it appears he woke from a coma with a 2+ year old gripe to vent about.
Probably had a cactus for breakfast :) The ability to sell or trade is a service to members, not a right. I like to exchange opinions, share views on watches and the watch world or just talk about everyday life. That's the primary purpose of this forum. But that's just one of many opinions.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I kinda like how he knows the meaning of the word 'insular', but would appear to struggle with the words 'entitled' and 'self-righteous'

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
i sometimes sell here. I have read the rules and learned some things, I think the rules work fine. I wanna see photos of the watch and know who Im buying it from.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
He/she said that they want no part of this website, anymore, so couldn't their account be forcibly closed/banned? Seems logical.
We do not close accounts and he hasn't done anything that I see that would require a ban from the forum.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
i sometimes sell here. I have read the rules and learned some things, I think the rules work fine. I wanna see photos of the watch and know who Im buying it from.
Yes.

As the forum gets older, the membership gets more established. The rules reflect the maturation of the forum and are aimed at creating a more secure place to sell and trade watches. The rules discourage power posting by new members just so they can sell a watch and it forces them to participate in the community.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts