Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I already like it here. My dad was a watch collector (Bulovas and Seikos) and I've recently gotten into it after years of just wearing old school G Shocks in the Marines because they were the only watches that would take the abuse of that and scuba diving. I've always had a fondness for Seikos though and my one and only watch for the last few years was a little SNK805 that I love. Now at a desk job so I figured it was time for an upgrade. Enter the black dial standard Sea Urchin on a bracelet, bought new after lots of research and shopping. I love it, and the modding started when I discovered Nato and Zulu straps. Then I wanted a "real" 200m diver so scored a basically new Orient Ray Raven II on ebay for very little money. I figured I'd mod that one a little since it was a steal, so I have a coin edge bezel and lumed ceramic bezel insert coming from Yobokies because the small bezel was the only thing I didn't like about it. I'm poor, so my plan is to stop at these three. :heh:! Here they are. Did I mention I like Natos and Zulus?

Hey, what's the recommended glue for attaching bezel inserts to bezels?

This should be fun.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
A warm welcome from England, lots of enablers here you won't stop at three for long, resistance is futile.
Great trio you have by the way...

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
There is a sticky film you can get to attach inserts to bezels. Try Dagaz or DLW watches. Or you can use contact cement (just a few drops on one surface only) in case you want to ever remove it. Many adhesives will do.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good luck with that plan to stop at three. lol. I think technically this is an anonymous watch addiction group. Welcome. Good luck with the nato, sometimes a strap can change a whole watch.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Scott, you're going to want a chromo, a dress watch, and a Swiss watch.:biggrin1::evil::biggrin1::evil:
...and then a chrono, a dress, a diver, a flinger IN Swiss...and ...then; just watch the daily WURW, between that and AtomicTom's finds You'll always want, that's a good thing here.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Scott, you're going to want a chrono, a dress watch, and a Swiss watch.:biggrin1::evil::biggrin1::evil:
...and then a chrono, a dress, a diver, a flinger IN Swiss...and ...then; just watch the daily WURW, between that and AtomicTom's finds You'll always want, that's a good thing here.
Welcome to the forum!
:welcome: to the home of enablers. Hope you have enough will power to avoid bankruptcy. Just kidding. Have fun. This forum's a blast. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
It's so cool to have you here Scott ! :cool2: Welcome !!! :)

Such a great story, and honestly that IS a great collection already ! :smileyface_hand_cla
Think you are going to love it here. ..Hope you really do have fun !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I'm done now!

Well, this really took off, lol. Here they all are, and to be honest, four of these were watches I either got from my dad (little Seiko on the jubilee), or I've had for years (the Casio Arnie, Caravelle my daughters gave me years ago, and the green Seiko SNK).

I think I'm done now though. My favorite is probably the blue Citizen diver, the Orient Ray Raven with the ceramic lumed coin edge bezel, or the Vostok I just got today. I was surprised at how much I like wearing the Arnie though. I thought it would be too big, but it fits fine on my 7 1/2" wrist after all.

Seriously, I'm done ... :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
A warm welcome from England, lots of enablers here you won't stop at three for long, resistance is futile.
Great trio you have by the way...

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.
I can attest to that lol.

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the intro! If the bezel insert is there to be permanent, super glue of the gel variety will do the trick. Remove ALL traces, if any, of other adhesive and thoroughly degrease. Use a tooth pick to apply a thin circle of glue in the middle of the bezel. If the bezel has indentations that have to align with markers on the insert (common with 90s watches) carefully line them up before pressing down the insert. Or do a test fitting without glue first.

Reactions: AranaWhite
1 - 19 of 19 Posts