Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else receive an email from Flickr yesterday, outlining the following (of course with the offer to buy a 'pro' licence)?

Free accounts will soon be limited to 1,000 photos or videos. Flickr isn't Flickr without the contributions and participation of our free members, and we remain committed to a vibrant, free offering.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
No Flickr account. I use Imgur. Leaves me wondering how long before they want into my wallet. Ditched photobucket for imgur. Fingers crossed, but likely won't be long.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ditched PhotoBucket for Flickr. Will have a look at Imgur but like you said, it'll probably won't take long for them to introduce 'pay', ehh, I mean 'Pro' :D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I haven't gotten this email yet. I noticed a banner under my "photostream" reading that the Pro and Free account offerings are changing. And a "Learn More" button to click.

I kept my head in the sand and did not click.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Also don't have a Flickr account Frans. Am on Imgur like Roarry. :)

That is some upsetting news there though, :( and like
Roarry said, who knows who will be next. Annoying stuff !

Keep us posted on things !

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also don't have a Flickr account Frans. Am on Imgur like Roarry. :)

That is some upsetting news there though, :( and like
Roarry said, who knows who will be next. Annoying stuff !

Keep us posted on things !

Upsetting news is that my cigar or Bourbon stock is depleted :D You see this everywhere on the 'Net. Newspaper sites that move behind a pay wall, 'free' services that become 'Pro' which is a euphemism for 'pay'. Other sites that detect you are blocking ads and banners and thus block you, etc., etc. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I have a Synology NAS and by Jove, I will find out how to host my own photos. For free! :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well there is no free lunch, but I can't justify a paid account, so have culled my photos to under 1000. I also have some on one drive, but there are limits there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts