Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on my first Vostok straight from Russia with love.... I ended up with VOSTOK AMPHIBIAN DIVER 090679 $72.00 shipped from eBay. Probably not going to be here for awhile! :(

Pic borrowed form the web

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
You really picked out a stunner db, and what's great is it has such a
timless look to it. :cool: :) It has an all around vintage style, but then
you have what looks like a bead blasted-like finish, and insanely cool,
and terrific bezel ! :thumb:

Going to be so nice db ! Huge congrats ahead of time !!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
db1561:
I got no idea why Vostok Amphibia and I didn't hit it off?
Komanderiske and I had great chemistry til my daughter
talked outta it. But she made up for getting the Komanderiske
by buying me an INOX.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still waiting for delivery! I actually forgot I even ordered this! Ugh..it was purchased 1-19-19

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I got refunded....it was lost in Russia somewhere. Ordered another one, might be here in a month.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have 8 Vostoks. All ordered direct from mother Russia. All arived in good order, but it takes a long, long time.

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Well at least another is on the way Dennis. :smileyface_hand_cla Actually had the
same exact thing happen with my first Vostok as well. Sounds like it
happens quite often. Although, I don't know where all of these lost
watches go, or end up. :suspicious: :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep, that's a real nice one. I have the Amphibia radio Room, great fun. Be careful though, they are quite addictive though, and you will almost certainly want to replace the bracelet, as they are awful

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Thinking of adding one of these to my stable myself. Either a Vostok or a Seagull
I own them both. I ordered the Vostok from a private dealer and it was very inexpensive. If you look for something special with an unmistakable vintage vibe go for the Vostok 1967 Diver. It is however, a quirky watch. No quick-set date (cumbersome), no hacking (apply the gentle 'turn the crown back trick') and an alarmingly wobbly stem.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still waiting on my reorder Vostok.... i will never order anything from Russia ever again, ridiculous shipping times. Almost 5 weeks?!?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
For the price, just put it out of mind forget about it, if you can in this covid state.
The only watches I've pre-ordered seemed to take 3+ months, felt like forever, could've been longe or shorter though...
I hope you get your rare and exotic custom piece soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I own them both. I ordered the Vostok from a private dealer and it was very inexpensive. If you look for something special with an unmistakable vintage vibe go for the Vostok 1967 Diver. It is however, a quirky watch. No quick-set date (cumbersome), no hacking (apply the gentle 'turn the crown back trick') and an alarmingly wobbly stem.
Still waiting on my reorder Vostok.... i will never order anything from Russia ever again, ridiculous shipping times. Almost 5 weeks?!?

Mine took about a month to the UK from Russia. Strange, China can get stuff here in a week. Then it took over a week to get it out of customs, and I had to pay duty. You have to pay and forget, it's the only way

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine took about a month to the UK from Russia. Strange, China can get stuff here in a week. Then it took over a week to get it out of customs, and I had to pay duty. You have to pay and forget, it's the only way
It's really frustrating because my initial order was on January 16th 2020, it was lost somewhere in Russia's post office? 2nd order was placed early March and no movement what so ever since? I guess you are correct purchase and forget!

👍

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, I got refunded....it was lost in Russia somewhere. Ordered another one, might be here in a month.

My first Vostok came from Russia, it was far cheaper than buying it from a UK buyer, but it took ages to get here, and then I had to pay duty. The next time round I paid the extra and bought one from the UK. It cost more, but without the duty it wasn't that much, and what's more I had it in a few days

·
Registered
349 Posts
Where did you order it from?

I ordered once from Zenitar on eBay, excellent service, delivered to France two weeks later.

A friend ordered from Meranom, took 3 weeks but everything arrived intact.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts