Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

. . . I hit a local jeweler yesterday, on the way out from buying some new boots, and checked out their Seikos. Not a lot in stock, couple of divers and Gmt's in the Kinetic sereies. They were half off. I was fiddling, not pressed to buy, and the little salesgirl whispered to me that they would all be on sale tomorrow for $150!!! "All of them??" I asked her . . . she nodded and batted her big browns.

I was ther at 09:00 this morning. Almost everything was gone from yesterday. EXCEPT . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . a 200m Kinetic diver, an SKA371, I said I'll take it. The manager walks over and tells her the price is wrong. I'm thinking . . . . . "****!" , my deal just melted. . . . . She smiles and says " Not $150 sir, $100." " Pardon???" We look at each other, I grab the debit card and throw it to her!!!!!

SaMokin' Deal for the Wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it turns out, I think they are very small local outfit, small inventory, not well organized and feeling the crunch. They couldn't find the original box, they were panicking, "We only have this Blue Seiko box . . . . will that matter, is it OK???". Oh, I think it'll do just fine. It's what they come in . . . . . Geez for a hundred, in the plastic, you can toss it in a bag and I'm good to go!!!!

Stock photo here . . . pics later, Wifey wants to hit the stores . . . . I inspired her to look for some deals
. . .

. . . . . Gentlemen, the assault on the Japanese watch market is under way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Randy;

What a steal. Remember this one so next year you can list it as the best buy of 2010. Man, some guys are just in the right place at the right time.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Ct4sVVqeoUE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!!! That is a KILLER deal for sure! After I get my Breitling, I will be diving into the Seiko line myself. I gotta get me a few of their divers!! I'll also be getting an Orange Monster too!

Congrats Randy that is one helluva deal and I'm happy for you!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Holy Chamolies! Looks like 2010 just might be your year! I can just see you now, sitting in your chair, feet propped up (with beaver socks of course!) staring at that thing wondering what to do with all of the money you saved! Congratulations my friend. That was trully a great deal!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

MUST YOU POLISH EVERY WATCH??????
I'm sending you my whole collection to polish!!!

:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
Wow Randy!!! I have that very watch and yes I paid more than you #[email protected]&!!! Congrats, it's a great piece and worth far more than you paid. Here's mine....

CJ

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I don't care to respond if you're going to use that tone with me.:t

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
MUST YOU POLISH EVERY WATCH??????
I'm sending you my whole collection to polish!!!

:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
Wow Randy!!! I have that very watch and yes I paid more than you #[email protected]&!!! Congrats, it's a great piece and worth far more than you paid. Here's mine....

CJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.