Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Well Orient = Seiko so you can't go wrong there. In house movements, underrated but great brand. Good choice!

Reactions: SeikoLuvR

Registered
Watch Fever

Wow, I must be infected with the watch disease! I just pulled the trigger on a Orient Men's FAA02007B9 'Ray II, while I still have a Seiko SNZF17J1 waiting to be delivered. Can only wear one at a time but, I guess I'll get it figured out.:D

Congrats! That's a handsome Orient diver; I've got an Orient Sun & Moon that doesn't see much wrist time these days, but I love it. It's quite a serious condition this watch fever and all here in this forum seem to be carriers. I went from 2 watches to now 15 in 6 months. You'll slow down a bit most likely after you find what really turns your crank aesthetically and you acquire a few that you love. Then you have to make that agonizing decision each morning... "What to wear today?"

Banned
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! I am a little excited for this one to get here. Might be the perfect watch to mod! Not sure yet what I will do with it. Might put a orange/black band on it and just wear it. Oooooh, the possibilities.

Super Moderator
Now that's using your head SeikoLuvR ! :smileyface_hand_cla Now if the one takes
a little longer to arrive, you'll have a back-up. But if they both arrive at

the same time. Or close to it. It will be double the fun ! ..Genius !!! :happy0065:

Registered
ikoLuvR:
I see absolutely no hope for you bro!!! If your collecting doesn't intensify I'll
eat my Stetson hat, and give 30 mins to draw up a crowd!!!
You dunnit now!!! One watch grows into many watches.

Lou Snutt

Banned
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it is becoming very hard not to log on and not find myself searching for dive watches and the various bands to collect! I'm up to 4 and just started this literally a month ago.:p

Registered
SeikoLuvR:
Besides watch ownership (36) my other passion is Bluegrass (aka Mountain music)
I've played stand up Bass for over 40 years. Putting watch buying on back burner for
a Martin or Blueridge Dreadnaught accoustic guitar.
Came to the realization I could've bought the finest guitar Martin makes with money
I've spent on watches!!!
1st guitar was a Gibson Archtop, F hole guitar.

Lou Snutt

Banned
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the Orient made here and I must say, I'm pretty impressed with it! In fact, I think I might like it just a tad more than the Sea Urchin. Now for this one, I'm thinking maybe some kind of real nice leather Nato band? Maybe even a mesh band, not sure yet.

Registered
I sadly no longer own this one but my Mako came on a bracelet quite decent too for the overall price paid. The beauty is these watches look great on a number of strap variations. But my favourite is the Isofrane style rubber straps, I have one or more for everyone of my divers. Enjoy that Orient best bang for the buck divers bar non.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: SeikoLuvR

Super Moderator
Nice SeikoLuvR ! We will call you OrientLuvR today ! :) Congratulations to
you on this !!! Can really see why you are so impressed with this beauty
so far. ..It just does everything right, and flows perfectly imho. With there
being this overall traditional vibe that is nicely modernized :cool:

Even those straps are neat, but can imagine that NATO, or leather strap
working great as well ! ..Big congrats once again ! Enjoy !!!

P.S. That was a real stunner you had there too Gary ! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts