Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

anybody else use FIREFOX?? i've been having some crashing issues -just about ready to give up and go to MS Explorer??

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Firefox, I use to use Explorer but had nothing but lock-up issues on a regular basis!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i use XP with Firefox but lately been getting alot of firefox
crashes

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
crashes
Run update and see if that helps any. For some reason I have had that problem in the past and Firefox for some reason doesn't always run auto updates. It has fixed my issues in the past.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

yeah i did this - i thin one of the updates might be the problem cause yesterday it just crashed one right after the other -so far today i'm ok

i run updates regularly -thx Mike

UKWolfeman wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
crashes
Run update and see if that helps any. For some reason I have had that problem in the past and Firefox for some reason doesn't always run auto updates. It has fixed my issues in the past.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I ONLY use Firefox and never IE. BUT I WILL SAY THIS - IF YOU HAVE TO MANY ADD ONS to Firefox is greatly greatly slows it down. I use it basically bare, with the exception of Xmarks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
imported post

THE HARD DRIVE ON MY COMP. WENT IN LESS THAN A YEAR. [STILL UNDER WARANTY].I WAS USING FIRE FOX. THE COMP. WAS RETURNED WITH A NEW HARD DRIVE. THREE TIME IN A ROW I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD FIRE FOX ON MY REPARED COMP. AND THREE TIMES IT CRASHED.

I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OF COURSE I WAS SENT TO INDIA AND A NICE MAN ,STANDING IN THREE FEET OF CAMEL DUNG, TOLD ME '' THAT WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOMEND FIRE FOX AND TO USE I.E.''

I ASKED TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN REP. AND HE SAID NO CAN DO.

IM USING I.E. WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

BUT I DONT LIKE BEING FORCED TO DO SO!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

i'm using XP not that new thing

i had no problem with FIREFOX until recently

as James said -you need to load up very little (no bells & whistles)

MS CS is forced to say that!!

jimmythebull wrote:
THE HARD DRIVE ON MY COMP. WENT IN LESS THAN A YEAR. [STILL UNDER WARANTY].I WAS USING FIRE FOX. THE COMP. WAS RETURNED WITH A NEW HARD DRIVE. THREE TIME IN A ROW I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD FIRE FOX ON MY REPARED COMP. AND THREE TIMES IT CRASHED.

I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OF COURSE I WAS SENT TO INDIA AND A NICE MAN ,STANDING IN THREE FEET OF CAMEL DUNG, TOLD ME '' THAT WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOMEND FIRE FOX AND TO USE I.E.''

I ASKED TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN REP. AND HE SAID NO CAN DO.

IM USING I.E. WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

BUT I DONT LIKE BEING FORCED TO DO SO!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Firefox about 95% of the time. Every so often it'll glitch up, but then comes back to life without incident.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Firefox at work... ONLY... and on my shop computer and zero problems.. home office is IE along with our Laptop are okay not as good and fast as the FOX though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

ONLY FireFox, NO problems on my Acer netbook 8.9" screen running XP Pro. Just love it. Never could go back to I.E.

Carl

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

yeah i got that too after the latest update yesterday

and that's when it started crashing like crazy-

today has been fairly good so maybe it got it out of its system!!!

UKWolfeman wrote:
looks like they identified a couple of add ons today that were causing issues. should be resolved now.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I use Firefox and have also experienced a number of "crashes" of recent. Most of the time, it coincides with uploading pics to my photo hosting site, or while using Picasa3.

However, for me, Firefox is still 1000% better than ie!

·
Registered
420 Posts
imported post

I too use Firefox and have been experiencing a significant increase in crashes on Windows XP, Vista 64 bit and Windows 7.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I use Firefox and have also experienced a number of "crashes" of recent. Most of the time, it coincides with uploading pics to my photo hosting site, or while using Picasa3.

However, for me, Firefox is still 1000% better than ie!
Agreed much nicer than IE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts