Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,152 Posts
Yeah yowza, this one couldn’t be any cooler Dubya ! :cool:
A CRAZY cool congratulations on this Certina sir !!! :D ;)

Boy oh boy, you have to love the whole style of this
looker honestly. It honestly feels like a relative of TAG
Heuer’s Monaco with it’s exceptionally shaped, as well
as detailed case, AND dial. 😮😮 It’s kind of like the
son of the Monaco. ..With numbers that make the
dial feel like it’s going 200mph. ..And sub-dials that
look like gauges.

Hey, and is it me?! Or is the tachymeter actually on
the outer edge of the case/bezel?! o_O ..That is just
too cool ! The view to the ‘engine’ rocks too of course.
Holy cow, enjoy this DD !

·
Watch Freek
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah yowza, this one couldn’t be any cooler Dubya ! :cool:
A CRAZY cool congratulations on this Certina sir !!! :D ;)

Boy oh boy, you have to love the whole style of this
looker honestly. It honestly feels like a relative of TAG
Heuer’s Monaco with it’s exceptionally shaped, as well
as detailed case, AND dial. It’s kind of like the
son of the Monaco. ..With numbers that make the
dial feel like it’s going 200mph. ..And sub-dials that
look like gauges.

Hey, and is it me?! Or is the tachymeter actually on
the outer edge of the case/bezel?! o_O ..That is just
too cool ! The view to the ‘engine’ rocks too of course.
Holy cow, enjoy this DD !
Haha, thanks Tom, your enthusiasm is always welcome and especially warranted for this piece! I love the “son-of-Monaco” nickname. After a day wearing it, I have to say my enthusiasm has only grown. And yes, the tach is etched upon the otherwise plain bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Watch Freek
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it, congrats!
Never been a square man, but started looking at them after seeing yours.

Thanks, I never was before but these Certinas grabbed me. They’re discontinued and on sale currently. Absolutely, top guns in my limited mid range Swiss stable.

·
Super Moderator
15,152 Posts
Haha, thanks Tom, your enthusiasm is always welcome and especially warranted for this piece! I love the “son-of-Monaco” nickname. After a day wearing it, I have to say my enthusiasm has only grown. And yes, the tach is etched upon the otherwise plain bezel

;) Don't mention it Dubya. :)

I'm so glad you got a kick out of the nickname. :D Honestly that watch
is so cool that it could have endless nicknames. It's a real head turner to
be honest. And actually, I think your enthusiasm will grow even more as
time goes by with that one DD.

Just the etched tach bezel is out of this world ! 🚀Keep on enjoying sir !!!

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
109 Posts
Automotive tire Helmet Sports gear Font Auto part

After an uncharacteristically long wait for shipping, I got this this morning. It is an absolute stunner in every way. Finally have my auto reverse panda. Can’t believe they discontinued their square models.

Joma was slow. Took 15 days.
At least you got your stock. I was scared since my Raymond weils were shipped overseas to India from New York, and took months and extremely taxed over here on arrival. God willing I was happy to see them. At one point I thought the customs department here or the GMD Joma had scammed. I feel stupid, these certinas are going for 200 to 750 great deals on eta quartz until valjoux auto.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

This fellow is going for 750 ish with 200m wr. This is a solid steal. I hope this remains until my ban in stock at joma. I recently saw an aqua racer with calibre 16 for something around 5K USD here before taxes, and this certina is very close to the exterior. Movement wise I know cal 16 is superior, but for 700+ who cares. Thank God I read both your articles DubYa. I never cared much towards Hamilton or certina. Cellini was something I desired but it's double the price of a Blancpain that I saw so I'm staying where I need to be.

P.S: I really liked the thickness on the leather strap of your certina watch at this price segment. Strap alone is worth 200 USD. Solid purchase.

·
1,687 Posts
Awesome grab! Congrats

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I was also furious about the fact that they stopped producing square watches. Few people like square-shaped models, so they just decided to nix the whole deal. This kind of shoot-from-the-hip approach left folks like us in the proverbial lurch, BTW, I also have a similar model, bought it a long time ago on discount (I know, rare thing for decent watches). I'm thinking of buying a new model at https://topwatch2.com/ + one for my best friend. We served in Afghanistan.

·
Watch Freek
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I was also furious about the fact that they stopped producing square watches. Few people like square-shaped models, so they just decided to nix the whole deal. This kind of shoot-from-the-hip approach left folks like us in the proverbial lurch, BTW, I also have a similar model, bought it a long time ago on discount (I know, rare thing for decent watches). I'm thinking of buying a new model at https://topwatch2.com + one for my best friend. We served in Afghanistan.
Good luck with the square search for you and your buddy. Thanks for your service.

·
Watch Freek
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How the newer big brother stacks up. The older, more refined brother sits so effortlessly on the wrist, I barely notice. The thick big boy chrono, I never forget it’s on my wrist. Both in my top 5

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
109 Posts
How the newer big brother stacks up. The older, more refined brother sits so effortlessly on the wrist, I barely notice. The thick big boy chrono, I never forget it’s on my wrist. Both in my top 5

How accurate is the time so far on both listed watches?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts