Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This one has been on my mind for about six months and I waited for it to get inexpensive and it never has. There are about a half dozen, total on ShopNBC and I had someone check for me at Croton's open house and there were NONE. You may remember that this is quite similar (if not designed by the same person and built in the same factory) as the Accutron Kirkwood skeleton auto. It has the skeletonized sw200 and as with all Croton products a LIFETIME warranty on the movement. Sapphire crystals front and back and genuine crocodile strap. I couldn't help myself.

here are pictures from JS-Sneek Peeks (I hope it's ok to post them)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

LOL! I'm laughing because I'm sitting here with my finger on the submit button and I've backed off three times tonight alone! Like you I've been looking at it for a long time and in the rose???? Well it is one bad azz time piece for sure! Glad you got one because like JS said, the nicest skeleton around for the money! No doubt about it. Me? Did I do it? Nope!! Backed out again. Spent just too much this week!!!Congrats!!! Great score!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
LOL! I'm laughing because I'm sitting here with my finger on the submit button and I've backed off three times tonight alone! Like you I've been looking at it for a long time and in the rose???? Well it is one bad azz time piece for sure! Glad you got one because like JS said, the nicest skeleton around for the money! No doubt about it. Me? Did I do it? Nope!! Backed out again. Spent just too much this week!!!Congrats!!! Great score!!!
We have the same taste... We should each buy HALF of them and just ROTATE them every six weeks or so:lol I think it SHOULD be cheaper, but I'm afraid it never WILL be and I know I'll regret it if I don't, great deal or not. It's just too pretty for me to say no. I have literally ALMOST bought this about three dozen times. LITERALLY.

Congrats on your score, too!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Went back up to six hundred... Glad I ordered it during the sale. Same Value pay amount, but six instead of five. I still wish it was a better deal though, LOL

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

David,

Congrats!! my friend. What did these sell for on the Shop tonight? I missed the shows. The picture appears to have an ETA 2824-2, but yours has a SW200? Both good movements. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

It didn't air or it would have probably sold out. Does ETA sell a fully-skeletonized 2824-2? This and the Accutron Kirkwood use the sw200.

Here's the kirkwood. It sells for $1100 pretty consistently, I've never seen a "deal" on it.

I think it's "basically" the same watch...

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I just looked at the pictures and I saw 25 jewels so I assumed it was the 2824-2. The 26 jewel is the SW200. Either way I love them both. Nice purchase. I own a Nicolet and they are great watches. I would call them the Accutron of Croton.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I just looked at the pictures and I saw 25 jewels so I assumed it was the 2824-2. The 26 jewel is the SW200. Either way I love them both. Nice purchase. I own a Nicolet and they are great watches. I would call them the Accutron of Croton.
Yeah, it was modified somehow to make it 25; I don't exactly know the details. Maybe a joint venture like Invicta and Seiko:lol

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I gotta steal Bob's words..STUNNING!!!:c

CJ

Bob wrote:
Wow! That is stunning!! Big congrats David. Wear it in good health when you receive it. ....Bob
"Borrowing", not stealing... Just like the pictures, :lol

Mike Izzy has this watch, too. I think it's gorgeous, especially in Rose/Blk. The lifetime warranty from Croton takes away any reservations I might have against the sellita...

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

David

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

I want to apologize about saying I don't have the Eklipse. I do, Just forgot about it. Mine is the gold version. I remeber you said you would get it if it was in rosetone. Congrats on that beauty. Looks great. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.