Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a pretty avid outdoorsman, I was intrigued when Filson, a northwest US upper end outdoor retailer, started offering these Shinola models designed and branded specifically for the retailer. They have a certain "outdoorsy" look that the main Shinola models don't have, so I had to see one in person.

Just arrived yesterday, and I really like it. I previously owned a different version on a bracelet, but I must say, this particular watch is meant to be worn on a strap. At 44mm, it has really nice wrist presence, and it is the fine details that I really love. Notice the inset brass ring on the crown, and the caseback medallion showing all of the pedigree information. Very classy, but again, with a nod to the outdoorsmen.

The strap is particularly nice. It is a Filson "Tin Cloth" with saddle leather backing and a super nice, heavy duty roller buckle. I love these buckles, as they preserve the strap and make cinching it down much easier.

Movement is a Shinola Argonite 515.24H quartz movement, assembled in Detroit of Swiss and "other sourced" parts. Runs well and keeps excellent time.

Lume is very good. Super luminova used liberally on the hands and hour markers. Nicely done.

Packaging is pretty cool-- rough sawn wood box that looks like it was made out in the woods.

Very good looking, well made watch that doesn't look like everything else out there. It'll be a keeper...at least for awhile!!

·
Omega Freek
4,514 Posts
Looks great Tim!

So funny I actually picked one up at their half price sale at a Filson store here in Dallas. I have the same Journeyman in the green dial with the bracelet.

Love the look and feel. Enjoy it buddy!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,748 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
There are two available at a local shop for just under $400. Very tempting. Told my S.O. to consider the black PVD for Christmas for me.

White dial, stainless case available too.

They had a Shinola as well. Get them regularly from my understanding. About half price and still with full lifetime warranties all of the above. Very tempting....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts