Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well, you all know what it's all about: the OTV, the Alpine Challenge (or Speedster as they're calling it on the site. They keep changing the names on us!) Again, I don't stress this enough when I say that the pictures they have on ShopNBC do little to no justice in regards to the actual look of the watch. Luckily we have Jim Skelton backing us up with his fantastic photography!

That said, here are my top picks for this rotation (we're going to be around all week!)

1. The BRAND NEW Alpine OTV item (of course!) - If you're talking about a more neutral look that's still flashy, and this piece is very flashy, then you should go for the black and red. I think that execution will go first...it reminds me of Speed Racer lol. Personally, I love the blue and yellow execution because it's a great color combination. Link

2. The Nautico - I love this one because it's a 46mm case design, but it fits my wrist like a dream! And I know I've mentioned my small wrists before! This piece is just downright comfortable! Personal preferred execution: Brown/Brown. Link

3. Brumalia - And the Brumalia is back for this rotation! I own this watch myself in the silver and black execution. Amazing piece for anyone who loves the Saturnalia. Link

4. Gen-X Sport - This one was a huuuuge hit when it first came out with the red-tinted crystal, and now it's back in two brand new executions! This piece ROCKS! Link

5. Mad Man Traveler - I'm not much of a fan of the Ana-Digi watches, but this one has to have a spot on my top picks by virtue of being a Mad Man lol.

6. The Legacy - This boardroom piece just like a million bucks...and a half! The blue execution is my absolute favorite because of how stark the contrast is between the dial and the numerals. Link

7. World Traveler - I've mentioned this one before, and I'm glad this piece finally got to have its own time to shine the last time we were on ShopNBC. Beautifully executed, the World Traveler has actually become of my most favorite timepieces of all time! Link

8. Zephyr - Not a watch I can wear, but the complications included in this watch is simply out of this world. I got to handle this piece before it was released, and I was nothing short of impressed. Link

9. Daisy Diamond - Alright, this one is for the ladies, because we all have a lady in our lives that deserve to have a nice gift from us. This one is elegant, beautiful, and includes genuine diamonds...who could ask for more? Link

10. Courtly la Femme - Another one for the ladies, and another watch that includes genuine diamonds. This is one of Larry's favorites for the ladies, and it's mine, too! Nearly a carat of diamonds in this piece, and an unforgettable gift. You have to give your lady friends an reason to feed your own watch addiction, right? Link

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Must...Not...Look....At....New...Watches......

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

I agree, the photo's and live TV do not do them justice, once in hand they are spectacular. Looking forward to this weeks rotation, however saving my money for the next Torby.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Hey Felix,

Looking forward to the upcoming line-up.

By the way, what can you tell me about the Chernabog?

This particular model has caught my eye and I can't seem to remove my eyes from it.

The way that this skeleton is displayed is SICK!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

The Chernabog

This is a watch that takes you back to the origins of watch-making, because the Chernabog, like one of my favorite watches, the Brumalia, is a pure mechanical watch. You're going to have to wind this every day, which is great in my opinion because it lets you become more involved with your watch and allows you to take better care of it. The movement has 18,000 v.p.h., has 17 jewels (rubies), and about 40 hours of power reserve when fully wound. This piece was named after a character from Disney's Fantasia during the Night on Bald Mountain segment. It's also got a curved crystal, which is more difficult and more expensive to do, and the case size is just about 47mm from 3-9, just under 46mm from 12-6.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
Quite a lineup. I like the Alpine. Any news on the new Tourbillon
Larry said on air this morning that the new Tourbillons would more than likely be a March introduction!!!

Hey...don't forget about the Super Apocalypse XT skeleton automatic!!! Or the new Madman versions...all awesome!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.