Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've got afew Seikos. I didn't like the 7s26/36 movements. Those required constant regulation even though they seem to last forever.I bought a Sumo to try the 6R15 movement. that one works really well. handwind and hacking, plus the accuracy is really good. About 2 months ago, I thought I'd try the kinetic direct drive. That ends up being my favorite movement.Quartz accuracy, power reserve, hand windable and a rotor to build up the reserve.kind of the best of both worlds.Whats your favorite Seiko movement?

heres the reference to the movement thats in my watch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
The NH25A is great reliable movement with an awesome power reserve.
The NH25A is the same as the 7S, which is made by SII for export to other brands like Invicta which has been using these movements lately. For Seiko I'd like to try out the 6R15 movement to see how it works.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I have absolutely no knowledge of the specific Seiko movements. I have one Seiko Kinetic and it says 5M62-OBLO on the back??? Not sure if this is the movement number but the watch is a tank and accurate as hell.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have a Seiko 5 Sports Diver (picture below). I believe it is this one - Seiko 5 Sports #SKZ231K1 Men's 200M Stainless Steel Black IP Self Winding Automatic Diver Watch with Black Dial

On the back of it says 7S36, which the book I have with it says the following:
Vibrations per hour - 21,600
Driving system - self winding
Jewels - 23

I can not find any other info on what movement this is. How can I find out?

ps - I LOVE this watch.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Your picture is so much better then mine, lol

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Your picture is so much better then mine, lol
He takes WAY better pictures than me AND knows ten THOUSAND times as much as I do...

SEAN: Are you ever gonna go for a Spring Drive? I certainly don't have one (all I have is an Orange Monster and the SK009, the cheapies that you don't like, LOL), but the Spring drive seems like the Ultimate Seiko movement.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Sean,

Have you ever seen any deals on the Automatic Chronos, like the SRQ005? Seems like that's about a $2K watch, which if there was a deal might be doable (someday)...

Seems like the Spring Drives start at around $6K, which probably AIN'T gonna happen anytime soon...

The Cal 8R28 34J chrono movement looks REALLY sweet. The Ananta case is a beauty, too.

·
1,740 Posts
imported post

This is the only Seiko movement I have .. It's under the hood of an Invicta 8926, Its extremely accurate! it's only lost about 7 seconds in 5 days!

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
imported post

I currently have 2 Seiko's with 7S26 movements, and 1 with the 7S36 (essentially the same movement, different jewels). It is a great, cheap, bulletproof movement. I also love the old 6309 movement that my 7040 has. 32 years old and never misses a beat!

I want to get something with the 6R15 in it just for the hacking/hand winding ability.

·
Registered
140 Posts
imported post

I have only had the Chronograph 5R86 in my old SPS003 and I have two 9R86 in both my Grand Seiko's
All three have been reliable and accurate. The two 9R86's in two different watches years apart in manufacture are *both* at around +2 seconds to +3 seconds a month. Recently they are both exactly the same over a whole month.

Consistently accurate and dependable, if somewhat expensive :pk but I love them, I could never ever go back to any Swiss rubbish again.

The analogy I give on the Spring drive is this, it is like looking at a Buggatti Veyron, now would you buy that car if it had a carburetor feeding its W16 quad turbo heart? how could that ever be accurate????? (it never would be!) and the Spring Drive is the same, its all of the mechanical wonder of a top end chronograph (engine turbo's heat exchangers etc) and then to top it off they have thrown the old rubbish carburettor in the BIN and replaced it with the tri syncro regulator :) Seiko watch equivalent to a f1 engines computer controlled direct injection set up :) no one would accept a carburetor in a car and no one *if given the chance* should or would accept a dirty old escapement and all of its in accuracy in any watch worthy of keeping time up to modern standards :)

Seiko Spring Drive. #1

My movt

Here she is :) my favorite one, I wear it everyday and love it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.