Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I drove about 14 total hours over 2.5 days for the GGT this weekend. During these long drives I stopped a few times at fast food restaurants like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's etc.

I am always amazed at the sheer genius these fast food chains display. This includes everything from the ordering process to the actual items available. sure it might not be healthy or good for you - but it sure does take great, especially when on the run and trying to keep driving.

In my opinion it is at breakfast where the "big brains" at these companies are really putting out some fantastic eats. Here are some examples from my trip that I find genius.

The Cheesy Bacon BK Wrapper at Burger King is brilliant. Take all of the breakfast foods I love (sizzling bacon, crispy hash browns, and fluffy egg nestled into a warm tortilla and drizzled in smoky cheese sauce) and just WRAP THEM ALL UP TOGETHER. Amazing and yummy. This is genius to me

The McGriddle is another yummy combo item. The "standard" McGriddles sandwich consists of bacon, egg and American cheese served on a small pancakes injected with maple flavoring deep inside its griddle folds. Awesome, lol

Taking ALL HEALTH issues out of the discussion - what is your favorite fast food restaurant chain and why?

-----------

Poll above and post what your favorite is.

-----------

My 2 favorite fast food chains are
1) Old school been around for a while - WENDY'S and
2) New chain that is growing very fast - Five Guys (over 450 locations)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I went with Jack in the Box and In & Out. You EC's are missing out on In & Out burger!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I went with Jack in the Box and In & Out. You EC's are missing out on In & Out burger!
Never heard of it...mmmmm...none on the east coast?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

In and out does Rock TK, but I am not a huge burger guy so I went with the Jared Special!!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I knew there no In & Out's on the east coast, but no Jack in the Box?
Nope neither one of those...We have to add nathans to the list.....I love me some nathans...lol..

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I wish I wasn't such a burger guy Rip. No matter how much I train, they will always be the bane of my existence!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I had a limit to amount of options or I would have included In & Out Burger, Whataburger and a few others.

I have been to In & Out Burger many many times and I put them and Five Guys on par with each other. Amazing burgers, which are one of my all time favorite foods in general.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I guess you've been out west huh James? I think In & Out only goes as far as Arizona.

I'm kinda partial to Carl's Jr. as well ( west coast version of Hardee's)

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I wish I wasn't such a burger guy Rip. No matter how much I train, they will always be the bane of my existence!
Now I do like a Burger from the Grill though.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Don't go there often cause they tear me up but.......

WHITE CASTLE

Nothing beats a sack of sliders and a chocolate milkshake.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Same here Rip. I like pretty much everything grilled, especially when I have my diet dialed in. When I'm in I don't give a crap mode though, anything goes.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:

WHITE CASTLE

hahahahaha....those are the murder burgers but sooooo yummmy

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I guess you've been out west huh James? I think In & Out only goes as far as Arizona.

I'm kinda partial to Carl's Jr. as well ( west coast version of Hardee's)
Yup. I go to In & Out whenever I am at the West Coast for business and every time I am in Vegas. Love that place.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

You must really have a seceret love of KFC since you have it on the poll twice! JK LOL!

'

Got to be Wendy's for the main reason of FRESH NEVER FROZEN!

My second choice would be SUbway for similar reasons, EAT FRESH!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

toecutter wrote:

WHITE CASTLE

I can remember when I was very very little growing up and going to White Castle with my parents and getting a huge sack of those little great sliders with the onions on them. mmmmmmmmmmm so good.

White Castle started the ENTIRE "slider" craze that you now see at every single restaurant and chain.

good call Toe.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
You must really have a seceret love of KFC since you have it on the poll twice! JK LOL!
good catch by you - I replaced on with In & Out burger for Tuna, lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts