Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can you think of a number of people that you would like to spend an evening with, that under normal circumstances you would never find yourself in the company of ?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Howard Stern
Abraham Lincoln
Ronald Regan
George Clooney

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Mickey Mantle - my childhood hero

George Patton - histories best military mind

Groucho Marx - one of the funniest men ever

Walter Cronkite - a man who saw more history as it happened then anyone I can think of

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Richard Gere

Steven Seagall

John Travolta

Thich Nhat Hahn

The Dali Llama

(all are buddhist with exception of Travolta- who is a scientologiest)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Fantasy Dinner Guest list.....

I have a couple of them.....

First...Family Fantasy Dinner List....

Numbers 1 and 2 ... My Grandma and Grandpa...on my mother's side. I barely knew my Grandpa..he died when I was 8 years old in 1966. But..he gave me my love for watches...and UTEP basketball. He died a couple of days before Texas Western..now UTEP...won the NCAA Basketball Championship against Kentucky. A Lot of the Texas Western BBall players went to our church and knew my & loved my Grandpa...as he was a huge fan. My Grandma would have to be there also..cause she was a pip!!! And besides that...she would want to cook....good lord could that woman cook!!!

Numbers 3 and 4...My Grandmother and Pappy....my dad's parents. Duchess...you would have loved my grandmother...she was as fiesty as they came...always spoke her mind and never pulled any punches. She was the best!! I took a leave of absense at my work and spent the last four years of her life taking care of her...as she had alzheimers. Before she passed away...the only person she still recognized was me...not my mom or dad...me. She just wanted me to stay with her, because she knew I would take care of her. I adored my grandmother and miss her so very much. I never really got to know my Pappy...he was always busy at his farm machinery company. But my grandmother said he was the life of the party when they were young...sooooooooooooo....I want to go partying with him!!!!!

Second...Fantasy Sports Stars Dinner list....

Despite all his short comings...number 1 would be Tiger Woods.

Number 2, Jack Nicklaus

Number 3, Lee Trevino

Number 4...I couldn't have dinner with these three without my best friend Jack. We've been best buddies since we were 5 years old.

And we would just talk about golf.....

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

The Dali Llama;
Nelson Mandela
Danny Glover
Thich Nhat Hahn
Jessica Simpson
Any of my Freek friends !!

PS:b:b:b; You were already invited I gassed up my mower and the BBQ is all set. (see earlier post )

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Duchess...you would have loved my grandmother...she was as fiesty as they came...always spoke her mind and never pulled any punches.
I'm drawn to women like that, I find them to be the most fun & interesting...Well behaved women are not remembered & they rarely make history.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Cal Ripken Jr.

Elton John

Natilie Wood:eek:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Jimmy Buffett (for all the stories he could tell)
Carl Hiaasen (same reason)
Tim Dorsey (ditto)
Steve Goodman (likewise)
John Prine (the reason I started to pay attention to the lyrics)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
Bichondaddy wrote:
Duchess...you would have loved my grandmother...she was as fiesty as they came...always spoke her mind and never pulled any punches.
I'm drawn to women like that, I find them to be the most fun & interesting...Well behaved women are not remembered & they rarely make history.
She worked as the accountant for the city bus lines in the Mechanics Shop for almost 40 years. She could cuss out the mechanics in two languageswithout even thinking about it!!!The stories she told me...:%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.