Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Watchfreeks!

I wanted to introduce you to a new project out of San Diego called Azula. They are creating fabric faced watches, handmade with fabrics from around the world. Every watch purchased helps provide full time jobs to local artisans across the globe. They are live on Kickstarter and their watches are selling for only $45!

Click Here To Check Them Out

Below is a brief rundown of Azula:

1. Fabric On a Watch Face: People told us it couldn't be done- we told them to wait and watch.

2. STYLISH yet UNIQUE: Our watches were designed to fit right in with the latest fashion trends and styles, while at the same time, stand out from all the other watches out there. It's a beautiful paradox.

3. Made with Fabric 100% Handcrafted by local artisans across South East Asia: Each piece of fabric is skillfully handcrafted by natives across Thailand, Indonesia, and Laos. When you buy a Azula watch, you are buying a handmade product!

4. Supports local economy and community in South East Asia: Each watch purchased provides jobs for local artisans, allowing them to share their treasured craft with the world. Without your support, no one would know about these native communities.

5. Compliment Guaranteed: Whenever we rock an Azula watch, people always ask us where we got our watch. If you like getting compliments about your style, then this watch is for you!

Get Yours Now!

Thank you for taking your time to check Azula out and we welcome your feedback :)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Unique looking, but wouldn't the fabric fade if worn in the sunlight a lot?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
it is interesting. At that price point I'm not sure I'd worry too much about it fading as long as it didn't fade quickly... Plus, if the Nato fades at the same rate then at least it will stay matching!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unique looking, but wouldn't the fabric fade if worn in the sunlight a lot?
We've had our original samples for over a year and there hasn't been any fade. It does make sense that they would fade in the sun but we're in San Diego and outside a lot and have yet to have any fading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is interesting. At that price point I'm not sure I'd worry too much about it fading as long as it didn't fade quickly... Plus, if the Nato fades at the same rate then at least it will stay matching!
Lol good point, the Nato strap can get worn out a bit but a replacement strap can be bought over time for practically nothing.

·
Super Moderator
10,619 Posts
Hey Yesman ! ..Welcome ! :)

These watches are neat ! ..I know watches had different material
dials years back, so this is cool to see. Especially how the fabric
looks to come in so many variations, and combinations with the
NATO straps.

Love seeing new things like this. Thanks so much for all of the info
on them, and welcome once again !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually really like your fabrics. Have you considered making pyjamas or boxer shorts?
Thank you! We spent a lot of time with local artisans to create them.

We have not thought about pyjamas or boxers but that could be something Azula expands into!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts