Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been taking a break from all the boards. Figure I'll post how my big box has been shrinking (qty and size)......

Latest purchase (for a while now) when wifey and I were on a trip in the Mediterranean......

Behold, a 39mm time piece........*What a change*

Longines Conquest in blue dial with ceramic polish bezel. Actually I didn't know it was 39mm until I got home from the trip, looked at the specs. Wow, looks alright on my punnie wrist!

Current box (still in the process of trimming down)

Thanks for looking. Until next time!~

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Very nice piece, although from the lack of lume on the hands, that is one of the older models, the one with the ceramic bezel has lume on the hands and the bezel is black.

Your model is also has a screw down crown and is 300m WR which is a gigantic plus for this watch.

Ceramic bezel Conquest.

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Very nice!

Seems to wear quite large for 39mm. Just perfect!

The dial layout and hands give me the impression of a larger diameter piece.

Anyway, what a nice item to remember the Mediterranean adventure you and your wife enjoyed together.

Congrats!

·
Banned
754 Posts
I love the crown guards on this beauty. I think they make the watch. Looks great on your wrist ! Congratulations !

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That's a great watch. I love the GMT version too.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Small is the new large. Congrats on a great looking piece!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gang, appreciate the compliments.

Wazzup ScottyB & Stewie! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,644 Posts
Looks perfect XO ! :smile-thumb2:Funny how big 39mm actually is right?! Sometimes we get caught up in the what's big, must be better kind of thinking, but this looks terrific ! :) It not having a bezel helps a lot also, and allows you to appreciate that incredible blue dial. Hope you keep on enjoying this beauty. Huge congrats XO !

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Hey 39mm? This explorer is 39mm, and looks wise yours gives it a run for it's money!

Here is my 42mm Kon Tiki next to the 39mm Explorer, I don't think the Explorer looks outrageously undersized to me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts