Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First and only time was at another forum (not the one you might be thinking). Found a 4469 (Pro Diver, MOP, SW200) the price was good but not great but as most know it's been out of production for some time. Anyway, contacted the seller since he rated it at 99%, made the arrangmeents, paid via paypal. Recieved the watch, took a little longer than expected but when I opened the box it appeared to be what he said. Moments later I was checking the operation and setting the time when I noticed the date wheel was coated in black gunk (turned out to be glue according to my jeweler). I was furious!! 99% my a$$! After several attempts to contact the seller he reposnded with...sorry, I didn't know (again, my a$$ he didn't know, you couldn't change the date without seeing it!). No offer to make it right, pay for the repair, nothing.
So convenient he was in a different country
And to add insult to injurt he didn't mention the tariffs and whatever other charges for shipping from ANOTHER COUNTRY...no mention of this either. Recieved an official import doc from UPS claiming that I was responsible for all the charges.....no clue this was coming.
I made an issue over it on the forum (called him out) but was told to "simma down" or else. Later on there was post regarding the same model and he had the nerve to post that he had one at one time, best watch he ever owned, should have never sold it.....I went off again....and again was told to stop. I did make my point though, a ton of people saw my rantings, I made it clear that he was crooked and not to engage in any transactions with him. Shortly after that I left the site.....most of the people are now gone so I visit on occasion.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear that. Not sure how to answer too new at this whole thing. All I can say is that I hope your story never happens to me.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

so far I have had really good trade and sale transactions, but I can easily see how it could go wrong.

sorry to hear about your situation with that watch cj.

do you still have that watch? pictures?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Not sure how to answer too new at this whole thing. All I can say is that I hope your story never happens to me.
Thanks Mike and me too Mike, hope you never do and believe it or not it has not soured me to the point that I am not willing to give the benefit of the doubt. In the end it all worked out, I had the pieces gone through and it's still one of my fav's. The knuckleheads are out there in every aspect of life. Just taught me to be a little more careful.

CJ

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
so far I have had really good trade and sale transactions, but I can easily see how it could go wrong.

sorry to hear about your situation with that watch cj.

do you still have that watch? pictures?
As a matter of fact James.........

The one on the left

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Hey CJ...

What did it cost you for all the repairs...if it's okay to ask. I have made the mistake of purchasing some vintage models on the bay and had them be total duds. I even sent one to Mehdi from WG's...and he couldn't find a replacement part ( the stem was non-exisitant...although the item description stated it was in working order...HAH!!!) and there wasn't enough of the part left for him to model it and make a new one. The case is beautiful though...true 1940's art deco style. Was hoping to give it to my wife as a present...since even though it is a man's watch...it is very small...only 22mm's. I am now just trying to find a quartz movement that is small enough to fit it and have him change it out...the case is that nice.

I have also bought new watches on the bay, and they turned out to have some really junky movement that hardly worked for a day or two.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi Larry,
The date wheel issue was just a matter of cleaning but I figured since he was going to be in there I would pay for a "servicing" I don't think it cost more than $30. The tariffs and shipping total was close to $90.

For the most part I have found little things like cleaning or a hair under the crystal to be really inexpensive....$10-$15 max. I brought a movement in to be swapped once and it was around $60.

Hope that helps.
CJ

Bichondaddy wrote:
Hey CJ...

What did it cost you for all the repairs...if it's okay to ask. I have made the mistake of purchasing some vintage models on the bay and had them be total duds. I even sent one to Mehdi from WG's...and he couldn't find a replacement part ( the stem was non-exisitant...although the item description stated it was in working order...HAH!!!) and there wasn't enough of the part left for him to model it and make a new one. The case is beautiful though...true 1940's art deco style. Was hoping to give it to my wife as a present...since even though it is a man's watch...it is very small...only 22mm's. I am now just trying to find a quartz movement that is small enough to fit it and have him change it out...the case is that nice.

I have also bought new watches on the bay, and they turned out to have some really junky movement that hardly worked for a day or two.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I have been very fortunate so far as I have not had any problems. I know there are many bad people out there and you can try your best to make sure all is OK and still have something happen. That's why when I'm selling a watch, I go overboard to make sure all goes right. I stay in contact with the buyer thru email, provide a tracking number and I always put a hand written note in the box again thanking them for buying from me. Bottom line is, I treat people like I want to be treated!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

You know CJ, I gotta say I know aaallll about it!
As some of you know, this was supposed to contain a Venom and this is what I found when I opened the package.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

What? I gotta know who did this to you to avoid the person. PM me if you don't want to put it out there.

TUNAKLLR wrote:
You know CJ, I gotta say I know aaallll about it!
As some of you know, this was supposed to contain a Venom and this is what I found when I opened the package.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Oh I'll put it out there, although I'm sure this POS won't be using the same handle as he did on Geeks. He's a scumbag from Allentown PA. with name(s) of 76ers and iluvwatches. They may be the same person or accomplices. They share the same last name and doing a Google search of the neighborhood with their known address, they live about 5 minutes from each other. Just be very wary of anyone sporting an Allentown address! I'm just sayin'.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I remember hearing about Tunas bad experience on WG's. That just sucks. Didn't some other WG's step up and remedy the situation?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I remember hearing about Tunas bad experience on WG's. That just sucks. Didn't some other WG's step up and remedy the situation?
They did Guru. They pitched in and got me a Venom. They also did the same for Stingray over at Geeks as well. He had the same happen to him 2 days later with the same c********r offering him the same watch that he offered me in trade!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
They did Guru. They pitched in and got me a Venom. They also did the same for Stingray over at Geeks as well. He had the same happen to him 2 days later with the same c********r offering him the same watch that he offered me in trade!
I would like to have 5 minutes alone with that SOB that did this to you guys. Anyways happy thoughts. breathe in, breathe out...... That story is what really told me that there were a lot of good people on WG's. I'm glad they helped you out. On the other hand this story has made me very leary to sell any watches online.

·
Registered
354 Posts
imported post

Hey Charlie, I distinctly remember your encounter with that little gnat! I think at that time I told you how much I would enjoy flying to where he lives and doa serious Dominican dance on his azz. Oops, I guess I gave away where he lives.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I appreciate the sentiment guys and it took me a minute to get those feelings suppressed. I'm obviously not as angry anymore but I would love to have a "discussion" with mr. Rivera! I tell you what though, had this not happened, I wouldn't have become friends with Tattoo Chef and who knows if I would be a member here. Don put me in touch with TV Dinner which made me want to come check out the forum during it's inception. I guess s**t happens for a reason. I still want to beat the dog***t out of Rivera though. Call me immature!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Hi Larry,
The date wheel issue was just a matter of cleaning but I figured since he was going to be in there I would pay for a "servicing" I don't think it cost more than $30. The tariffs and shipping total was close to $90.
ouch, that is an expensive learning experience.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts