Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great looking watch.

Interesting story and it is good that you have the knowledge to investigate and try to fix these things.

That being said - shouldn't the company fix this for you to your satisfaction and send you one that is working correctly?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I hope it keeps running for you! Thanks for sharing the issue and your "resolution".

I do, as you did, as well! Sometimes my investigations lead to a successful conclusion and sometimes, not! I rarely send anything in for repair, and so far, I've been lucky with my repair attempts, and only "ruined" one watch dial.

You have a very nice timepiece. Thanks for sharing your pics!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Why do you think it ran for him when he got it back? The screws must have settled in a place where the rotor could still do it's job? anyway solid company and OP knows he will get taken care of if need be! Get pics!:pic

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Very interesting thread. I am too big of a WUS (NOT WIS) to crack open and try to fix one, so kudos to you. I have a 1000M SL Atlantis that won't wind (slips), and I sent back a 2824-2 VX-200 that died on the winder multiple times and had a VERY low power reserve, so the 2824-2 isn't IMMUNE to defects. Overall it's obviously a great movement, but any machine can have problems.

I guess I'll take my Atlantis to a local watchmaker because I got it used and the WR is little more than bragging rights for me...

Best of luck with the DWatch. It looks awesome with the mesh and those hands.

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.