Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Oshkosh, Wi for the big airshow over the weekend and a Ball AD was present. I've been browsing their collection for months trying to decide which one I would choose when the moment came. I must have spent an hour at the counter trying on different models and asking questions. To finally get me out of there they offered a very nice discount (everyone got it :p).

More pictures to follow but here is my new Ball diver.

·
13,312 Posts
I've never seen a Ball I didn't like. This one is gorgeous too. Congrats on a really killer score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,887 Posts
Sweet compressor-like case with internal bezel sweet! I'm a sucker for Day/Date display windows also!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Very nice Ball.

So thats the trick when you go to the AD eh? Take about an hour, try everything on, near the end say you cannot decide, start walking out, then there comes the deal?

HAHA!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the nice words everyone. I've had it for a few days and can declare that I love it! Both mechanically and aesthetically it seems so cool and modern with a touch of class.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Engineer Master Diver II is my favorite watch to wear. Probably 2nd favorite overall. Love the way it fits and looks. Congratulations. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking back on this thread is a bit of a bummer. The watch has been back with Ball for about a month. It literally stopped on my wrist. Hoping for a timely and positive outcome.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,887 Posts
Looking back on this thread is a bit of a bummer. The watch has been back with Ball for about a month. It literally stopped on my wrist. Hoping for a timely and positive outcome.
Ouch! That's a bummer!

Reactions: bracky72

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've had the pleasure of owning several Ball watches and each of them were awesome. I'm sure they will get the issues corrected for you.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It arrived back today. The report says the watch had a damaged lug and problem was most likely related to that. Movement and escapment serviced. Minor case refinishing.

The problem is the watch was essentially flawless when I sent it off for repair. Now there is a bad gouge and scratches on one of the lugs. I am certain this was not there when I sent it off. I had gone over the watch very closely when it quit working. I am extremely pissed. I will deal with Ball tomorrow.

·
13,312 Posts
It arrived back today. The report says the watch had a damaged lug and problem was most likely related to that. Movement and escapment serviced. Minor case refinishing.

The problem is the watch was essentially flawless when I sent it off for repair. Now there is a bad gouge and scratches on one of the lugs. I am certain this was not there when I sent it off. I had gone over the watch very closely when it quit working. I am extremely pissed. I will deal with Ball tomorrow.

I'd demand a new case. Anything less is totally unacceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On the bright side it does now work and seems to be regulated to a tighter standard according to my timegrapher. :)

I hate dealing with this sort of thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts