·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]
[/align]

(CNN)
-- Online auction giant eBay apologized Sunday for a daylong glitch that inactivated the search function on its Web site, and said it will compensate sellers for their losses.

When shoppers searched for an item Saturday, the site returned limited or no results.

Some shoppers found a blank page; some received a message that said, "We were unable to run the search results you entered. Please try again in a few minutes."

The company said it had resolved the problems by Sunday.

"We are happy to report that critical search functionality was restored overnight on Saturday, and we are seeing normal activity levels today," eBay Marketplace Operations President Lorrie Norrington said Sunday in a statement.

The company's Web site offered various scenarios under which sellers could be compensated, including those with auctions that ended Saturday.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

compensate people how?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I wondered what happened?????

I had over a dozen auctions end (Sunday morning) without any bidders (which I though was unusual for the items listed).

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

It will most likely be credit for a free listing or so.

No one can definitively prove that any item would have sold higher if the glitch hadn't happened. I didn't notice a glitch, I was online Saturday, no sales all day but I even searched out other items and didn't notice.

Maybe thesearch results might have listed 1400 Invicta Men's Watches during the glitch then listed 2400 after the correction. It was a sporadic glitch so the refunds will no doubt be something that doesn't cost eBay anything. Listing credit. That's fine with me, if I qualify for it.

I have not received anything from eBay yet, I'll update this thread when I do.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I got a message from eBay the other day, basically stating that if it's been determined that your auctions were affected the day of the "search issue" (11/21), you will automatically see a refund(s) posted on your account page (which I had none) . . .

____
Dear eBay Member,

On Saturday November 21st, we experienced a temporary technical issue that resulted in searches returning either limited or no results.

Since we know this may have disrupted your business, we've issued a credit to your account for one day's worth of listing fees for each of your Fixed Price and Store Inventory listings that were active during the down-time. You may also receive a separate credit if you had Auction listings affected.

These credits will be included on your November invoice, which will be available by December 5. To view your invoice at that time, please follow these steps:
  1. Go to www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top-right corner. You may be asked to sign in.
  2. Near the top of My eBay, click the "Account" tab.
  3. On the right side of the page, under the "Invoices" heading, select your November 2009 invoice from the drop-down menu and click "Go."
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the "Credits" section, under the "Miscellaneous credits" heading. The total credits for Fixed Price and Store Inventory listings will be displayed here, as "Invoice Credit" or "eBay Incidental Reimbursement Credits."
For more information on eBay's Outage Policy, please see the following page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-outage.html

Thank you for being a valued member of the eBay community.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts