Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys...

Since I do all the cooking at my house...thought I give y'all a nice recipe I make for my wife at least twice a month.

I also included my Caesar Salad dressing...which is nicer than getting it from a bottle...and it will impress the wife/gf or significant other!!!

Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken with White wine and Caper Sauce

3 - 4oz chicken breast, pre-seasoned with lemon pepper, and cut into bit sized pieces

4 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced

1 tsps Lemon pepper seasoning

1 tbls capers

1/3 cup good white wine

2 tbls flour

1/3 cup chicken stock

1 lb Fusilli pasta

Salt and pepper to taste

2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Put on to boil several quarts of water for the pasta, and add 2 tsps salt (I use kosher salt) to water. When water comes to a boil add the pasta and cook according to the products instructions…usually 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside about ½ cup of pasta water in case you need it to thin down the sauce.

In a 12 sauté pan, add the EVOO when the pan is nice and hot. Then add your chicken pieces to the hot pan and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes. After about 3 minutes add your garlic and lemon pepper seasoning. Continue to stir the chicken pieces up with the garlic and lemon pepper, until the chicken pieces are golden brown. Then add the flour and stir. You want to make a roux with the oil and flour, and this takes only about a minute of constant stirring. After the minute is up, add the wine and chicken stock to the pan and stir. The stock and wine will thicken quickly and make a really nice brown sauce quickly. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little bit of the left over pasta water, or a little more wine to the sauce. When the sauce comes together and coats the back of a spoon, add the capers, and take off the heat.

I serve it over the Fusilli Pasta with a Caesar Salad. I make it with Hearts of Romaine lettuce, and an easy Caesar Dressing, croutons, sun dried tomato pieces and croutons. Below is the Dressing Recipe.

Caesar Dressing

6 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Vinegar
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice
Minced anchovy fillets (optional)

Combine garlic, mustard, vinegar and two pinches of salt in a blender and mix thoroughly. Add mayonnaise and blend together to form a thick base. In a slow stream add olive oil through hole in lid. Scrape dressing with spatula into a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If desired, add anchovy to dressing to create a deeper, saltier taste.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

MMmmmmmmm, can I come to dinner?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts